Restoring Mollie (69 Bay) 500+ Photos

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update time!

Not a lot of progress unfortunately! Still working on the NS middle sill. Chopped most of the crap out after securing the decent parts to the inner sill
0JX7C.jpg

Then realised that most of the C post has disappeared!
zlgu4.jpg

So chopped that out too so I can see the profile for the bits I need to replace.

Made up the patch for the inner sill, painted inside so hopefully this will be the last time it sees the outside world!
3xRpk.jpg

Fitted the replacement bit
u9Drs.jpg

and all welded up.
VhmEU.jpg

Been working on replacing the C Post but no pics yet! hopefully small updates in the week if time permits

Cheers Andy, a little progress is better than nothing at all I guess, but still not getting enough done! Blown my Peppercorn deadline by a long way! be lucky to get to white noise this year in it!! ho hum!

And another thing! (see Here) Different mismatched rear torsion bars! So that'll be another thing to sort! So much for an "unmolested UK Bus" When will it fuckin end! Starting to get to me now! Just want to get it on the road and use it instead of spending most of my free time welding and grinding, fannying around underneath, banging my head, welding and grinding, burning various bits of my anatomy getting pissed off, more welding and grinding and always finding the next fuckwit repair, bodge, etc and did I mention welding and grinding! :evil: :roll:

Wow, curiosity got the better of me so just read your thread from the beginning. What a cracking job, and as much as I like how my project has turned out I know I don't have the skills to do what you have done, so total respect for working so hard and having the patience to get this UK bus back on the road.

It will be a great feeling when that MOT ticket gets given and Mollie starts paying back with great trips

Cheers David :) at least when it's finished I now have a shiney new gearbox earth strap (thank you :) )

Just having a bad day with it, gets to you after a while! Guess it can only get better? (fingers crossed!)

Looking forward to the maiden camping trip :D (whenever that will be!)

Hang in there mate !
When you have a bad day, just look at what you've already achieved , that should give you the lift you need.
Deadlines can be changed and doing the work properly, like you are, takes as long as it takes.

'bout time your daughter got her hands dirty and helped the old man out :lol:

Cheers Bud, just read back through and looks like I'm just having a shite bit at the moment! Can't wait to actually get something in and done, and feel like it's on the way to getting anywhere near roadworthy!

Bit of an update from today. James came round and got on with the notching while I was fannying about with inner and outer sill.

Pics of the notches. Bracing for OS outer
D6oYz.jpg

NS outer
LMF38.jpg

and inner
CrQml.jpg

and OS inner
Xxpw7.jpg

and OS outer with Notch :)
aI6sK.jpg

Didn't catch any pics of my progress so update tomorrow

Looking good! some nice welding there.
So when do you think you will get it on the road?

Just read your thread from the beginning mate, looks like a mammoth project!

Plenty of hard work left to do but will be worth the wait, just starting to progress with my project and hoping for an MOT in the next couple of months, been where you are though so know it can be tough.

My picture gallery was a great help in spurring me on, once you have a look back you realise just how much you have accomplished already...keep it up.

How low are you planning on going now you have the chassis notched??

krusty said:
Looking good! some nice welding there.
So when do you think you will get it on the road?

Cheers Dude, although I can't claim the credit for that welding, is my mate James :)

Four weeks ago I was aiming for Peppercorn on 9 July, but no chance now! Could maybe get to Whitenoise? although it's likely that it'll be Vanfest!

who? said:
Just read your thread from the beginning mate, looks like a mammoth project!

Plenty of hard work left to do but will be worth the wait, just starting to progress with my project and hoping for an MOT in the next couple of months, been where you are though so know it can be tough.

My picture gallery was a great help in spurring me on, once you have a look back you realise just how much you have accomplished already...keep it up.

How low are you planning on going now you have the chassis notched??

Cheers Bud, yep, probably making it more mammoth than it needs to be, but I'd prefer to do it properly and once, although that will undoubtedly come back to bite me on the arse!

Yep, keep going back through and a lot has been done, just don't seem to see it when it's always there! It's going to be low, not stupidly to start, but with those notches, adjustable plates, link pin beam and tubs it's got the potential to be a tarmac scraper :D

You're getting on well with yours :) keep at it

Today's update, not too much done, but every little helps!

Working on the NS bulkhead repairs.
0299.jpg

Repair piece knocked up
0302.jpg

Fits like a glove :)
0303.jpg

Tacked in
0304.jpg

Welded in
0305.jpg

Ground back, but a bit more work to do on this!
0306.jpg

Next bit made up and tacked in
0307.jpg

Welded up
0308.jpg

Maybe get to grind it back later, but kids moaning that Tea isn't ready! :oops: "oh he thinks, it's Fathers Day, I thought Tea got cooked for me?" :lol:

Latest posts