Reversing sensor location on Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonh

Reaction score
Hi - I've done a search on this and can find nothing. I wonder if anyone can help?

I reverse park my Bay daily. With sensors it's completely straightforward, without it's complicated.Unlike the rest of the bus, which is super-smart, the bumper is mostly filler, so I've no regrets about making holes in it.

I can think of no other functional location for the 4 sensors than on the apex of the bumper "blade" (looking side-on), with the exposed face of the sensor just proud of it. This will look bad, because the top and the bottom of the sensor will be exposed as the bumper faces taper away.

My bus is not lowered, and not having the sensors is not an option. Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon

I have a set with 2 sensors lying around, and they will be fitted on my 68 westy.
As i don't want to drill any holes in my bumper blade, i have planned to fit some small holders (made in alu) for the sensors below my bumper blade, these will be made to use the existing mounting bolts for the brackets.
Though..one problem might be heat from my kymco exhaust.
If its ugly or not working properly, i can take it all off again.

Ronnie

Cheers Ronnie - that sounds like a good way of keeping your bumper stock. They might have to stick out a bit - unless they don't pick up the bumper apex above. They would prob look fine tho; it's not the sort of place people notice!

Simon

Fit some fake fog lights on the bumper .. and mount the sensors in the lens!

... but remember to remove for mot, cos if the light don't work .. it'll fail!

Hilly

bertiethebus said:
What about one of those window thingys which bend your view?

I presume you are referring to a flexible PVC Fresnel lens, as commonly fitted in bus and caravan rear windows; of which "Backsee" is a relatively cheap brand!?!

I have had one in my 1972/73 VW Type 2, since the mid-1970s. One can still see the feet of a pedestrian, at a distance of 2·8 metres from the rear bumper. :D It also radically improves lateral vision, elimating at least part of the rear-quarter blindspot. :D

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/backsee-lens-reversing-aid-j11473.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Put a reversing camera on, I have one on mine mounted to the numberplate light

Latest posts