Ride height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chug

Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this has already been asked, can anyone tell me how much my van has been lowered by?

What i would like to do is return it to stock height, then use drop spindles to re lower, i will sort the rear out when funds allow. The ride quality is awful how it is, crashes over speed bumps and potholes etc, hopefully this would bring back some "working suspension"?

At the front, the rim lip is 5" to the under side of the arch, at the rear the rim lip is level with the arch, that's with 14" rims.

Could someone tell me heights from rim lip to arch or other datum so i can return to stock and go from there please.

Thanks, Chris.

Mine is standard

Rear is 60cm from ground to top of arch, front is 70cm

This is with 14" rims and 185/82 tyres

:shock: that's around 5.5 inches at the front and 4.5 at the rear, also explains why i struggle to get it on the drive.

Maybe just going back 1 spline may help with the ride.

Thanks for measuring.

Chris.

Just to clarify - I used a metre rule against the face of the wheels so the measurements exclude the gap between the top of the tyre and the top of the arch inside. When I said top of the arch I meant the highest point you can see on the external panel - sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Hope this makes sense.

Latest posts