Rocker cover leakage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owent2005

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Not a major issue just wondering if there’s anything I can do to stop this drip seen at the bottom left of the rocker cover, I’ve changed the gasket and cleaned it up but the drip continues. The other side is fine.

Has anyone any pointers?

Thanks,

Owen

Assuming the rocker covers aren’t distorted get new bail springs. They go weak over time.

I had the same and bought new bail springs, but the weep remained so I’m putting it down to poor aftermarket parts. Have tried a thin smear of non-setting sealant this time round, so hopefully that’ll be enough to keep it dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this with mine...... i cured it with Hylomar sealant on the cover side of the gasket and vaseline on the rocker side..... nice chunky cork gaskets helped too :)

Also stick the gasket into the rocker cover with some RTV sealant. With decent covers and bails you shouldn't have any leaks.

Had the same problem. I fitted two gaskets instead of one and applied sealant each side. That Stopped the leakage. Points above very true too as aftermarket covers and bars aren’t that good quality and fastening bars weaken over time.

Check the side of your covers if they have a metal ear, sometimes the ear touches the head depending on what head you have and prevents the cover to seat properly leaving a small gap and therefore leaking oil.
Abel

Latest posts