Rocky the Campmobile ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to see how you get on with that - I think the problem with the silver type trunking is that the heat generated by the exhaust pipe might be a bit to much for it....

Try it and see ;)

Yes....We thought about this long and hard before taking the sander to the paintwork, it was so thin that there was none left! I tried for around 4 months to find someone to repair the front panel and age the paint with no joy. So we bit the bullet and went all out for new paint which is a shame ...just depends what floats your boat I suppose. We have taken the time to document the whole repair process which as I understand is important in terms of value...but would it Have been worth more rat look? ...guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hi
Our bus is now in primer 3 coats in all Epoxy base coat , 2 coats of high build primer. This had a flash coat of colour and the shuts coloured. then the whole lot is blocked back to grey and then corrected for the final time,then two coats of colour.
The bus looks absoloutly flat,not a dent or ripple in sight. The red dots are stopper filler. I never knew some much when it to it! I am really please in the job that is being done. If anyone wnats there number PM and I will send it to you.

almostthere151010003-1.jpg

almostthere151010009.jpg

almostthere151010002.jpg

almostthere151010001.jpg

almostthere151010005.jpg

almostthere151010006.jpg

almostthere151010004.jpg

almostthere151010010.jpg

I should have some pictures of the finished paint and inside shot in colour soon!

Looking good 8)

To do a proper paint job, it is very labour intensive - the amount you pay always looks a lot, but in reality it isn't really (am I stating the obvious....) ;)

Just a few pictures that i took as the bus was taken from the booth after drying

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

roof but this will be finish in gloss

013.jpg

wheels

014.jpg

finished design ( this one has to be re-finnished..... don't ask ! Not the painters fault!

017.jpg

I will take more in the morning and post when I get home.

That paint looks really deep and the panels look pretty ripple free 8)

Will love to see more photo's ;)

Pictures as promised
oct10018.jpg

oct10021.jpg

oct10022.jpg

oct10013.jpg

oct10010.jpg

oct10023.jpg

oct10011.jpg

oct10012.jpg

The roof , I am really pleased with the finished.
oct10015.jpg

oct10016.jpg

Bumpers and Stuff
oct10017.jpg

This was twisted and really dented.

oct10019.jpg

Engine Bay
oct10027.jpg

oct10026.jpg

All together a very impresive job. Now for fitting the bus back together. Fingers crossed i dont scratch anything.

Great paint job....

Once you get it together and on the road, you will not want to leave it parked anywhere :lol:

Thanks for the extra pictures ;)

toffo24 said:
All together a very impresive job. Now for fitting the bus back together. Fingers crossed i dont scratch anything.

Yes, you are correct...a very impressive paint job.

I too would like to know what colour this is. i;ve just pickup up two samples for my choice of blue - Dove and Neptune.

NaFe

p.s. i'm also woried about the reassembly time. may have to get some new overalls lol

Thanks, It’s taken some time but i did start with a good base project.

The Colours are Brilliant Blue and Cloud White. If you need the paint codes I can get these for you.

I am hoping that after a couple of coats of good polish it will protect the finish from minor damage.

As for leaving I am hoping that a few subtle security devises that I have in mind and a very large Inner tube will do the business.

toffo24 said:
As for leaving I am hoping that a few subtle security devises that I have in mind and a very large Inner tube will do the business.

I meant as in paint damaged by car park dings and people catching it with buckles and zips when admiring the van 8)

I'm only jealous :msn4:

Might need help with this one Andy, :lol: could be a problem that I never envisaged as I thought it would not look this good ,I suppose damage is inevitable, it will be used as it was originally intended to be a family hobby. Shows, Holiday, all the normal stuff.

I just like to try to get it right first time around. This is our first classic VW so it could be an experience!

One which has been brilliant so far! :D I am sure that your Bus is just as nice and loved just as much !

Your bus will look very smart once put together and I hope you do not get to paranoid :shock:

I have a feeling that mine will end up looking a bit ratty regarding the paint as I cannot afford a respray. Probably end up using Rustoleum and a roller ;)

Started fitting up now . Here are a few pictures next will be the transport home.

066.jpg

069.jpg

075.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

i will post up some more as I go!

Latest posts