Rolling road tuning and re jetting.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillywilly

Reaction score
Hi all

I have now put a VW heritage new sp2 1641 engine into the westy with 34 ict dual weber carbs and vintage speed exhaust. It runs like a pig!

To be fair, it has been installed by a garage who are trusted but by their own admission, don't deal with getting the jetting, mixture etc right. Also, as these carbs don't have a choke, it's going splutter when it's cold (unless a tune would sort this out. )

Does any one know of anyone who can rolling road tune and re jet the carbs in cheshire area? VW heritage said that it should be rolling road'd ideally and will definitely help with keeping up the warranty.

I'm hopefully looking forward to thousands of miles of reliable motoring and also a reasonable chance of not dying on the hills with this mild setup.

Cheers

Phil.

Try Steve at gasure in Chester he's got a good rep
I'll be taking mine to him if I can't sort the kadrons myself

Mark

I'm having the same problem and yep on advice from the guy's on here it's the lack of choke that causes it.

what's the answer sparky?

mark

Hi
I used these guys to sort out my twin carbs on a rolling road , not sure where abouts in Cheshire you are but they are about 6 miles from Chester

A B Garage,

Unit 167B Castle Close, Hawarden Ind. Park, Manor Lane, Hawarden, CH5 3PZ

M-F 9am - 6.30 pm Sat 10 -5 pm; Tel: 01244 537701; Credit Cards Accepted: Yes

Andy has lots of experience with aircooled

sparkywig said:
Wait a couple of minutes before driving off.

this post is of no use to the thread but loved that answer made me laugh out loud, simple yet effective advice :lol:

Although Mark i fear you should have seen it coming :D

Pete

Same with my 1914 and twin 40's, on a cold day i start it up give it a few revs and then then let it splutter for a minute or so and then drive it. To be fair i haven't driven it in anything warmer than about 5 degrees since fitting it. And quite a few times its been -5 so not really given it a fair chance yet. No biggy

Somlong as i let the fuel pump run for 10-15 seconds and then pump the accel before starting it fires on the hutton every time.

J.

petegee56 said:
sparkywig said:
Wait a couple of minutes before driving off.

this post is of no use to the thread but loved that answer made me laugh out loud, simple yet effective advice :lol:

Although Mark i fear you should have seen it coming :D

Pete

:lol: :lol:
Yep your right Pete I fell straight into that one :shock:

What's this rumour your polishing your bus?

Cheers guys. As ever that's really helpful.

I will give these guys a call and the obvious yet practical fix of let it warm up makes complete sense.

Thanks again.

Yep. Booked in with AB garage on 7th march who can tune it, and jet it on a rolling road.

Brand new engine and its just sitting in the garage waiting to be tuned. I want to drive it but can't let myself until its spot on!

Patience, patience.......

Latest posts