Eurocarbs...34ict's and jetting/emulsion tube

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoddy

Reaction score
Hi All

Posted a couple of weeks back now re carb choice and I was leaning towards the 34 Ict's. Received some advice from people and one guy "PSG" on here mentioned having the emulsion tube changed to F6?!

I was planning to order from Eurocarbs and they've also recommended a fuel pump to go with them. They mention the carb will be set for my soon to be 1641 tp but when I mentioned the F6 emulsion tube they said we can change that at a cost of £20 but from their experience it isn't required and they come set to go.

The guys that are doing the engine for me suggested it would be best getting it setup at a reasonably local rolling road spot once they have it all running.

Have others had probs with having to change jets/emulsion tube once they have received to get it running spot on? If so what are people having them changed to?

Cheers
Craig

I changed the emulsion tubes before fitting, plenty of recommendations for it and it is something that is less likely to be held by a rolling road. After running the engine in it went on the rolling road to be setup properly and needed some jet changes. You will need a fuel pressure regulator if running the stock pump.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did you change to the F6 tubes? Exchanged emails a few times with Eurocarbs and they believe the need to change to the F6's is just Internet chat with no evidence to support....

Yup this is my setup on a 1641:

145 Main
F6 Emulsion
185 Air Correction
57 Idles

I never drove with the original emulsions but there were enough comments from people who have tried both to convince me.

The carbs were supplied with F22, here's a pic of them side by side. F22 top F6 bottom:

IMG_20150416_202549_zpsfmoofo8w.jpg

Quite different so you can imagine that they supply fuel quite differently

I've just bought and fitted the Webber ict 1641 package with csp linkage and CB manifolds .Are you saying that I should be swapping my emulsions to f6's before getting it rolling roaded
.I bought the kit via euro carbs .

Yup that's the general consensus. Give it a try but most people have found them to better when swapped. I just did it before installing for ease.

Ok cheers . I've also been told that my other jets are as follows
140 main (although I thought they said 145 originally )
160 air
55 idle
Do these sound like they might do until I get it on the rollers ?

Im running the following jets and have recently been setup on a rolling road

Idle 55
Mains 145
Emulsion F6
Air Corrector 165

Running great now on a 1600cc twinport engine with VS Exhaust and electronic ignition

Similar to what I started with, ran the engine in on those and it drove ok until I got it setup properly

I will fit the f6 emulsion tubes when they arrive and leave the rest alone until it's on the rollers .I have noticed since just setting it up by ear to get my self mobile it smells a little rich ,could that possibly be the f78 emulsion tubes ?
Also once I've fitted the emulsion tubes will I have to reset the carbs again by ear ?

Out of interest fozworth have you changed the fuel pump or fitted a pressure reg when you changed the carbs?

Here you go ,yes fitted both but waiting for my inline pressure gauge fitting to arrive to double check its at 2.5psi

Very nice! Was just a thought.....not ordered my carbs yet and still undecided on which tubes :0(

Cheers ,I've fitted f6 emulsions today but won't change the rest until it's been rolling roaded.I'll let them tweak it.

Latest posts