Rolling Road - worth it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
Hi

Been thinking about going for a rolling road session as had one or two minor problems recently, seem sorted now but think the van is a bit sluggish to be honest.

its only a 1641 sp with a solex carb .... so is it worth it??

based in portsmouth so need to visit somewhere relatively local if i do go. this place seems to be well regarded:

http://www.aireytuning.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Absolutely worth it if you want the engine to be running at its optimum, especially so if you have just had a rebuild or changed the carbs........If its running at its best it will be running cool and returning best mpg figures..............

Just

ive not used him but he,s certanly old school and youre gona be in safe hands if he,s doing 1938 alvis,s and with a stock of bits for webber,s su,s and dellortos he must know what he,s on about..no offence to the young un,s but old guys rule..... :character0032: ... :mrgreen:

Imo if its stock or close to stock eg. 1641 with single solex then no, its not worth it. A good service and check that all is working correctly and adjusted right will be fine.

I would only use a rolling road if I were unhappy about the jetting of a set of non stock carbs or if I were setting up a non stock fuel injection system and/or a turbo.

Very worth it to get the best out of your engine. A good engine tuner with a rolling road will be the best if you have twin carbs and should only need setting up every year or so. You will get as Creation Blue has said much better mpg if its all done correctly. :mrgreen:

Well, might give it a go then. As I said, only 1641 sp with solex ...... But seems a bit sluggish. Has had a thorough service and idle jets cleaned, carb set up etc .... but wondered whether someone with a rolling road might be able to do more.

As trikky said, not sure that's it's worth the money for a single solex regardless of engine size. IMHO.

Not used Tom in a few years as don't live down that way any more but....
he's a lovely oldschool fella, have even seen him take jets out by hand when required. 8)

But I'm also with Trikky here, an almost stock sp motor with stock carb shouldn't need dyno set up to get it right.
if it's running soft and not feeling right have you done basic health checks (compression etc) once the service stuff is covered off?

Latest posts