Rubber Door Seal Colour(s)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwcanuck

Reaction score
I've bought and installed new German windscreen and rear window seals ... which are black. Later this week I will install my new front door seals ... which are black. Along with all of these I ordered a cargo door seal ... which came grey :cry:

After reading up on the subject I haven't read anywhere if the grey seal will go darker over time or stay the same? Is it just a coating or is it solid grey? Guessing solid through, but one's gotta hope. I have the option to return it because I am not satisfied (sorry I like consistency) but has anyone bought a German black cargo door seal (68 panel) that fit well and is not a pain to close properly? From where? Thanks :D

Light or dark?
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow (if i remember :mrgreen: ).
Who did you buy the rubbers from?

Rich

They are all grey the rear cargo door seals, my advice is don't buy any that you find in black, wont fit. From experience of fitting the front door seals, and rear cargo seals the only half decent ones are in grey, engine lid and sliding door are available and a good fit in black, but that's it unfortunately.

Thanks guys. I bought them from CIP here in Canada where a rep said that they will darken up over time. I rubbed a little water on a spot and the darkness appeared and stayed. They are the dark grey ones from what I can tell, so I will get used to them and as Resto-raider said it's the fit that really matters.

Resto-raider said:
Mine is grey as well and fits great. That is all that matters to me. Same goes for the door rubbers and sliding door rubber

Same here.

Grey ones fit better,

If you get a bit of water and a cloth and wipe all your seals down they will go black, it is like a talc on the extruding machine, they may go grey again, try some tyre polish or back to black etc if your proper worries about it.

Latest posts