Run diesel on kero

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running any diesel engine with Kerosene will damage your engine as there is insufficient lubrication in Kerosene as it basically heating oil. Not only that if you are caught using it you will end up with a heavy fine and possibly have your vehicle confiscated as you are using fuel with no duty paid.
Robert
:!: :!:

Modern Diesels Engines No !

Fuel pump will be knackered , and as previously said will dry out all inside as no lubrication .

If its an older engine you can get away with it Sometimes! , as an example i run at work an old 3cx JCB with a perkins engine , and runs fine no problems , you can ad a drop of oil here and there to the tank and will help with lubrication , However that is for Private use and never goes off site so no legal issues , last year Red diesel was cheaper so now running on this. Also i "Might Have" used Kerosene in and old 1997 Peugeot 406 with the old 1.9 diesel (non hdi) and was fine, (10k+) but not legal,and was a run it till it dies car.

My Personal Experiences , not suggesting you or anyone else should try it . You shouldn't .

A relative of mine runs a 15 yr old golf TDi on Feb oil
Perfectly legal,£18 for 20 litres
It runs on straight oil in summer and 50% in winter
Over 30 k no problems at all,there is a veg oil forum,you have to check what injection and pump you have before you do it.
I've read newer diesel cars can't run on it though

All I can say MATTT is, if your relative gets stopped by ministry fuel check he is in big trouble. It is illegal to run cars on public roads with kerosene.
Robert

Latest posts