RUSTY THE CAMPER GOES FOR RESTO

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, we all know how little space there is in a camper so we are removing the cover panel between the inner arches to make the van the correct size inside

Started to cut it out this afternoon

P1010018.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Arrrrrrgh, :evil: :evil: when will it ever end, more insulation and foam fill between two metal panels.......... I am beginning to hate this van. :shock: :shock:

P1010019.jpg

And not much wrong with the original panel underneath
:roll: :roll:

P1010020.jpg

plenty of foam there, on the bright side, it should be nice and warm... :lol:

I am only going to show one rear corner, as they are both the same... the edge that is supposed to be welded to the battery tray has been attached with silicone :lol: :shock: :lol:

P1010034.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Cargo bay floor was next, we had already had a look under the van so there were no major surprises for us but not sure about James {the owner}

After taking the 3 levels of floor out we have this to look at

The ends of the H and top hat sections are some thing to be desired, if you like that sort of thing :lol: :lol:

P1010036.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Ouch :shock:

Is there going to be anything left of the original van I wonder??

Hey Russ, did you get my picture text last week?
I got Poe pictured in camper & bus with a mention for you :D

Andy

Think after Russ, has finished with Rusty the whole edition of Camper and Bus will be Rusty the van! I love POE, ive seen the before and after pics, you still got the flip flop?

rustythevan said:
Think after Russ, has finished with Rusty the whole edition of Camper and Bus will be Rusty the van! I love POE, ive seen the before and after pics, you still got the flip flop?

It was good to see you up at the workshop on saturday! (You need to get yourself some overalls and come back up and do a bit!) :D

Latest posts