RUSTY THE CAMPER GOES FOR RESTO

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned over to do some more on Saturday/Sunday

P1010049.jpg

"Its weird seeing your pride and joy in this state.. okay I know its going to get worse before it gets better and if the view of the trailer full of rusty metal was strange, then check my feet out in the front of the van.. Fred Flintstone eat your heart out and then this weekend we place her on her side so the guys at JustDubz can work on the under carriage!

Genius bit of kit but looks so wrong when I visited Rusty the Camper it for the first time!

I swear these guys can rescue any project! Give them a buzz/text/email, ask them a question.. really friendly service.. and they love a challenge as you can tell from this thread!

Keep the good work up chaps, lovely to see you again and enjoy the pics below and yep even included action pics.. love the sparks!

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

Toad said:
rustythevan said:
Think after Russ, has finished with Rusty the whole edition of Camper and Bus will be Rusty the van! I love POE, ive seen the before and after pics, you still got the flip flop?

It was good to see you up at the workshop on saturday! (You need to get yourself some overalls and come back up and do a bit!) :D

Well you never know when I'm freed up from my freelance work and sorting out my upcoming wedding I'll be up there like a shot! Right back to "apple shift" :)

Now that the new sliding door track has been refitted it doesn't have a half inch drop when its shut

52.jpg

45.jpg

After fitting the new adjustable front beam, i started on the inner sill and the top hat section repairs as well as the front cross member, then onwards with the outriggers and jacking points

46.jpg

50.jpg

Followed by the H section repairs

60.jpg

DONT BE STUCK THIS BANK HOLIDAY!

Justdubz's is open this Bank Holiday weekend, yep tomorrow (Good Friday), Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday. So if you've got a project or need a spare part you know where to head for! You might even see me up there with Rusty!

I don't know of anyone else open for business as usual over this weekend so give them a buzz on whatever your working or own, and they love a challenge!

Happy Easter all! :D

Well Rusty is coming on leaps and bounds, going to be a lot lighter and a lot more solid, check out the pics of the new metal! Great job from JustDubz!! Can't wait to get back on the road!!!

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

I have just read this from the start.

It never ceases to amaze me the way some vehicles look quite nice until the work starts and then you see the most ghastly botch jobs emerge. This one has to be one of the worst I have ever seen and additionally has some very strange mods. Really makes you wonder what was going on in the previous owners mind at the time :shock:

Having once persevered with an E Type that was a bit "beyond" I have to admit that I would have walked away or scrapped this bus. Full marks to you for persevering with the work.

Good thread - looking forward to the updates - thanks for sharing.

Just read the whole thing, at least the tar board in the engine bay looks good even though that has insulation in it as well...... Oh no, thats meant to be there ! It doesn't even resemble a VW at times, fair play for taking it on, I would have had a melt down worse than my four year old if my bus had looked like that :shock:

camperman3617865 said:
I am sure you don't need any damp rock wall in between the panels on a camper, let alone this much :roll: :roll:

P1010772.jpg

Looks like you've had a sheep shearing competition in there!!! :lol:

Hello all and apologies with the delay to this thread.. Russell, the main man over at Just Dubz has broken his camera, so have no fear I promised to upload more recent pics and more often! So enjoy, and in publishing this update, my van will be finished come mid/end August... It's a deadline we have set, before I get married in the first week of September..

So watch this space over the next five weeks, as its the home straight and the finishing line is in sight! So excited!

Good work Just Dubz! Keep it up!

PS Russ can you point out all the bits and bobs which have been carried out since last time?!?!? Its a hell of a list!!

IMG_3588.jpg

NEW SILL!!
IMG_3587.jpg

NEW METAL!
IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg