Safari Rear Window?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abby

Reaction score
Saw a picture of one on here that I now can't find! Anyone fitted their own or know where I could find a kit to do this? Is it as awesome to live with as it looks?

:mrgreen:

Creative Engineering do them

I think this is a decent link for an earlybay one

https://creative-engineering.com/product/large-rear-safari-kit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep just fitted a secondhand one in my panel van its great :)

Yep just fitted a secondhand one in my panel van its great :)

abby said:
Saw a picture of one on here that I now can't find! Anyone fitted their own or know where I could find a kit to do this? Is it as awesome to live with as it looks?

:mrgreen:

Mine's a Creative Engineering one and it's really good however there's a couple of things to watch out for.

When fitting the brackets to the rear door don't rely on self tappers. Mine are just screwed in at the moment and the screws keep ripping out. I would use rivets or rivnuts as a minimum - welding would be best.

Also keep and eye on water settling under the rear window seal after rain or washing the bus. The water just sits there and could cause rust problems if left. I always remove the seal and dry it out.

Latest posts