Scored a 1968 panel, Euro spec, number 002393 off the line!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodslat

Reaction score
Pics later, just pleased as punch, bought it for $113 yesterday! It's rusty, been in California since the 70's sometime, but in a rainy area... No vinyl covering the dash, 68 only KM speedo, sitting on BFG Mud Terrains, love it!

Here he is, sexy as hell!

4321223147_3b49ed531d_o.jpg

She's going to sit in the yard for now, West German delivery, built August 8th 1967. M coded for weight inscriptions over the wheels! MT tires have been swapped to my crew cab for now. Rot under the windshield, floors, rockers, not too bad.

woodslat said:
She's going to sit in the yard for now, West German delivery, built August 8th 1967. M coded for weight inscriptions over the wheels! MT tires have been swapped to my crew cab for now. Rot under the windshield, floors, rockers, not too bad.

Can't believe the rate they were knocking them out at...they made at least 11,389 in 22days!!....mine was built 30th Aug 67 number 013782!! :shock:

southernkombiparts said:
woodslat said:

Can't believe the rate they were knocking them out at...they made at least 11,389 in 22days!!....mine was built 30th Aug 67 number 013782!! :shock:

at full tilt VW had 135 miles of fix assembly lines back in 1960!

southernkombiparts said:
woodslat said:

Damn Mat, my panel almost makes yours look like a late bay! :shock:

woodslat said:
southernkombiparts said:
woodslat said:

Damn Mat, my panel almost makes yours look like a late bay! :shock:

:lol: Nah....1st Sept '67 is when they started the late bays!!! ;)

im looking for a red drivers seat if you have any comeing to england

whos's bought that lot then? looks sweet by the way.

i started reading this thinking, nice one, someone has got a real bargain there, but then read in horror, as a $113 bargain is now coming over here to be sold as yet another over priced bus.

unless of course a private buyer has bought it as a life long dream, will keep it, love it, and never sell it, in that case, fair play!!!!

Its not a private buyer, that container is over $4000 to ship

Latest posts