Securing load to roof rack...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly the Ozbus

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I now have a 2 bow roof rack above the cab but am struggling to find a decent cargo net to fasten the load down with- the elasticated net I bought turned out to be crap and is still loose as a goose even when I stretch it over the rack as much as I can! Just wondering what you all use on your racks- cargo nets, bungee cords or ratchet straps (or something else!)?

Cheers,

Olly

My mate and I bought a big camo net from army surplus then attached some home bargain elastic ( from a small cargo net they sell ) and got some trailer cups to hook the elastic over , we did two 5 bow racks with enough left to do another 2 :shock:

Cost £25 between us :D

Here's a pic fully loaded for Europe

189229_10150258132932266_679167265_7799440_3499804_n.jpg

Chris

love the camo look! hmmm - might be hitting t'internet for some urban camo netting :D

I've got a westie with the rack integrated but don't trust it enough yet to put anything on it, as it only seems to be held on with 4 screws rather than clamped to the gutters like a bow rack?

Got one of those bungee spider jobs from Halfrauds - essentially four bungee cords tied together, so 8 legs - works ok for me...

Cheers for your replies dudes :mrgreen:

PS Lovely bus Chris and I think I might go down the DIY cargo net route too as my rack is a slightly funny size being an Aussie one- net with elasticated cord round the edge looks the nuts 8)

Latest posts