Security

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
I read about a bus which had been recently stolen, the thieves smashed the quarter light and gained entry..easy enough! Has anyone tried Supa Glass? It is a super thick clear polyester film which prevents the glass being smashed.

Did not know you could get it for a old VW, but in all fairness even without breaking the glass they are pretty simple to steal, visual and physical deterrents seem good to me, but the glass would be a bonus depends how much

There are other old skool ways of breaking into a car, but how many younger thieves know this method? The smashed window technique is very common near me, I see broken glass all the time by the road.

The film is cut to size. This is it in action, although this particular firm now longer fits it onto cars,

https://youtu.be/PuZjEC-wZAs?t=56s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bolt one of them uber secure things across the clutch and brake pedal with a padlock on.

Yep I've got it on mine, flat glass is too easy to smash otherwise. Also good in an accident. Won't keep out a determined attacker but will make it harder for them. You have to fit it with the windows out so best to do it when you are in for paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts