Seems Midland Paintwerks have done it again.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have my brothers mostly OG paint bug in right now for some work. Cant wait to see it! 8)

Gert Big T said:
Any idea of what size mortgage you would need to cover the cost of a respray like this ?

I would also like to know as I may like to join the queue at Midland paintwerks

Cookieson said:
Gert Big T said:
Any idea of what size mortgage you would need to cover the cost of a respray like this ?

I would also like to know as I may like to join the queue at Midland paintwerks

If you have to ask you cant afford it..........i would imagine :lol: (Ide like to know too)

Just

they are unbelivably good aren't they, would love to send my bus of to them for a resto but think i'd be scared to use it after!!

Clem said:
They have my brothers mostly OG paint bug in right now for some work. Cant wait to see it! 8)

display_1.86432011-08-0111.03.55.jpg

Top job! :D

http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk/1302s-Beetle-Original-Paint-Matching/B22.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really would like them to sort out my repairs for me (along with everyone else!!!)
:msn4: :msn4:

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments, check out what we found on this recently purchased show winning split.
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk/Mathew's-1962-magazine-featured-splitty/B23.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

midlandpaintwerks said:
Hi guys thanks for the nice comments, check out what we found on this recently purchased show winning split.
http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk/Mathew's-1962-magazine-featured-splitty/B23.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great work there!
Theres plenty of show winning bog chariots about i know the top Alfa in the country is full of fibre glass!!!!

midlandpaintwerks said:

brilliant oh so familiar story

Seriuosly top work there...!! :shock: Great job lads..!! :D All i need to do now is save the penny's or get those skills...!!?? :lol:

Hi guys.

Drew and stuart worked their magic on our van too. Cant beat drews attention to detail. If anyone is thinking of getting their van painted you have got to talk to these guys.

I got a guestimate from them last year, along with a company local to me, both quoted same figure, but I'd say that Midland gave you a lot more quality for your money, not cheap but not stupidly expensive either,definately worth it.
(still can't afford it at the mo' though :( )

Is it rude to ask for a ball park figure for a colour change respray rather than the more difficult costing of a full on resto?

I imagine it is in the region of 3-4k without any massive issues being uncovered?

We had 4 quotes for the work on our van. Stuart and Drew said a bare metal was the way to go. As the other people i asked wanted to "seal" the old paint before top coat. There was not a lot of difference between the quotes, Once our van had been baremetaled more rust was found. If the van had been "sealed" by the other companys that rust would have sound though the new paint in next to no time. I think our van was one of the first that had the Midland paintwerks treatment. So i dont know what their waiting list is like or what they charge for their skills now.

StuF said:
Is it rude to ask for a ball park figure for a colour change respray rather than the more difficult costing of a full on resto?

I imagine it is in the region of 3-4k without any massive issues being uncovered?

Our van is with them at the moment undergoing a full bare metal. They found quite a bit of stuff that we knew nothing about thanks to it being stripped right back. If you drop them an email they will get back to you with prices pretty quickly but you're in the right ball park. We were quoted a price for the work to strip, bare metal, prep, spray and rebuild and then welding was at an hourly rate + parts. If you want to have a look at our van once it's done or discuss the service we've had from them then you are more than welcome as I'm in Lincoln too :)

Latest posts