servo brakes or not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJM

Reaction score
I've got a 1972 Crossover 1600 TP - can anyone tell me how I know if I've got servo brakes or not?

Look under the front. If you have a servo it will be mounted on - behind and inbetween - the front torsion tubes.

Why^^

Some do and some don't, you'll see the servo mounted on the axle. Not teaching granny to such eggs but its the round thing on the left (if yours is rhd it'll be on the right) just in case you don't know.

null_zpsfee6eddc.jpg

Max Power said:
If you have to plan your braking well in advance and have to use all your body weight to get it to stop you dont have a servo:)

If you have to plan your braking in advance and use all your body weight to stop then your brakes are fucked... Mine has stock drums and they work fine.

K@rlos said:
Max Power said:
If you have to plan your braking well in advance and have to use all your body weight to get it to stop you dont have a servo:)

If you have to plan your braking in advance and use all your body weight to stop then your brakes are fucked... Mine has stock drums and they work fine.
They work ok but compared to servo brakes it can get hairy imo!

Thanks guys - I've got servos. So now I know what type of master cylinder to order

Latest posts