shabby - might be getting a new name

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Reaction score
Made a start, I recon this is going to be my cheapest purchase at just over £5. Covered in black oily fingerprints it was, is this a sign of things to come I wonder ?

Still looking for a vehicle though !!

Good start - lookout for a Bently manual too - its the one to have ;)

Well after along search and many debates what to go for I went for more of a project, the main aim is to go for an mot. Get it on the road. Bought it of a nice chap called Graham.

I will put more pictures up when its here, 1st main problem is getting it down the side of the house as its on a slope and its got to miss the pillars that support the upstairs extension :shock: Once its down i wont be able to push it out so I have to get it going.

I woke at 4.00 and 6.00 am this morning in a panic, I got to get it ready for camping before you get out in yours :lol:

shiplee123 said:
Oh my goodness you've purchased a bus :shock:

Well done mate look forward to more pics

My thoughts exactly. I'm so used to you searching for one I think this will be too much to take! :lol:
Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks chaps, I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew but I'm going to give it a go. Running resto, needs a bit of welding in the battery tray areas, one or two drilled holes about that need filling. Also need a crash course in panel beating.

Glad you've finally got yourself sorted :D
Looks like a good bus underneath that topcoat of paint 8)

EDIT: suddenly realised where I recognise this one from... MEB! Graham is a top lad, he always seems to get good stuff in :mrgreen:

Should be an honest bus from Graham - nice one, look forward to the updates 8)

Tell us more trebor

I'm sure u would have gone to look at it ?
Give us a the nitty gritty

I'm sure I've seen this bus before , has graham had this up for sale before?

Anyway u better get stuck in mate if your gonna wonna get out in it before me u better hurry
We got DATH booked in 6 or so weeks and I'm kinda hoping to camp out before that.

I'm really pleased u have finally purchased something

Did u wake up the next day in a cold sweat wondering if it was the right decision or maybe there would b something else next week :lol:

We've all been there !

Like I said look forward to more pics n info

Yes it is one of Graham's. It's empty inside, very solid, there is a few holes drilled through in places. Battery tray has gone, drivers side battery tray has been cut out with an oil cooler and filter stuffed into it.
The sliding door has a dent, front panel has a few ripples but it's all solid. For the money I'm not complaining. At least I can see there's nothing hidden, chassis looks very good. Just deciding what to do first :? I'm going to need a few bits that's for sure.

I've got a tin of l87 pearl white 2k if that helps :lol:

All jokes set aside , with this bus u know what your getting and I'm assuming it didn't cost much.

I kinda know your situation so u have got the time and are able to work on your new westy yourself.

It don't look rotten so it's just a case of sorting issues and getting it mot then making it look pretty !

Wish I was in your situation and could purchase a bus that I could restore like that. I'm sure u will get a lot of satisfaction !

Gonna watch with interest. Don't forget to post pics regularly !

Forgot to say shiplee there is a nice period trailer power socket in my engine lid. Only you can't have it because it will leave another hole :lol:

Well well well. Finally pushed the boat out dude!
Looking forward to seeing the pic's.
Yes I know .....where are mine ?
Promise they will be along as soon as I can. At the moment every chance is taken up getting ready to send to Crossroads Dorchester for interior on 7 July.

Full steam ahead me hearty gas burners and all. :lol: :lol:

Nice looking find enjoy.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts