Shifter stop plate

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monkey Bus

Reaction score
Silly question, but does the stop plate stay in when you replace the stock shifter with a new one, like an Empi Hurst style for example?

Ta

Ta, that's what I thought. I'm just trying to work out why I'm getting reverse whenever I go into 2nd without lifting the lever.

I'll put the stock one back in and take it from there I think

Cheers :wink:

I put the stock shifter back in and after a bit of fiddling it's working ok, so the problem I had before was obviously just with the Empi shifter.

So now I've got decide whether I stick with the Empi or even the stock or splash out on a shiny new CSP.

The Monkey Bus said:
I put the stock shifter back in and after a bit of fiddling it's working ok, so the problem I had before was obviously just with the Empi shifter.

I had a similar 'problem' when I fitted a CSP shifter and have since reverted to my original. I doubt it is a problem with the shifter itself, since I've since sold it and new proud owner reports it's working perfectly.
You may find the adjusting the shifter/stop plate alignment helps. Some also recommend replacing the bushes, where possible, on the gear linkage

Latest posts