Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my mates old workshop, loads of unfinished projects!! Except his shop had an rs2000 which I tried my hardest to buy from him (actually ended up getting stolen!) and also had a massive yank which was the same as ecto1!!

When do you expect the bus back?

Done that trebor !
Was one of the first jobs. The previous owner had put new fuel pipes in but he had left the fuel filter in the engine bay so I decided to replace the lot.
It's good practice I think to renew them when u get a new bus

I haven't left the bus with them yet big bear someone else is doing my spray work. I just had to collect some parts from these chaps and also had a chat about lowering and possible front disc brake conversion.

One of my jobs for today was to make templates of my westy poptop birch headliner
I needed to get this done ASAP because I know that as soon as my bus has had the interior respray I'm waiting for and I can finally get on I'm gonna won't to get stuck in and if I don't do it now it will never get done lol !

Started putting it together after dinner tonight.
Spent about an hour on it. Wasn't a difficult job , still got the hinges to go , gotta round the corners off on the trapdoor section then work out how I'm gonna cover it

Don't forget to varnish bud saves the wood if the little people have an accident in it

Oh thanks chap

Nothing like some of these other chaps on here, they do some amazing work , stuff I can only dream of doing , very impressive and very cleaver :shock:

Fortunately my resto is fairly simple with no welding thank goodness !

I've ground to a halt for the last couple of weeks waiting for my engine bay and interior to b resprayed with 2 k.
I've had a message from the man this morning , he's gonna ring me tonight so hop full things will start to move on again soon!

Grrrr
Waisted three weeks for a 2 k respray. Now turns out I'm gonna do my engine bay respray and interior myself.
Bit disappointed !
I purchased some paint match rattle cans etc today.
I had a respray expert chap round last night. He couldn't do any extra work for a few more weeks so If I have any hope of getting this bus ready for this season I've gotta get on with this myself.
He gave me plenty of advice so that's cool!

Purchased all the materials today's
Started off with etch primer which went on very nicely tbh

It's going to end up like your van :!: you'll be frightened that your going to scratch it ;) :lol:

:lol:

Mate I didn't won't another clean bus!
I wonted something shabby so I didn't have to worry about it!

Og paint , few scratches etc

I guess I just can't help myself? I've just gotta make um all shiny!

It's never gonna be as clean as the panel but it's starting to look nice!

That's the spirit, get stuck in!!!
I know sod all about mechanical stuff, but I'm learning fast :lol:
You'll be the same with paintwork!!!!!

Ha ha lee I know what u saying lol
I can b a bit lazy with the machanical side of it as I have a superb vw expert who helps me out!

He's round tom ( sun ) to have another session !

Today I got a bit more done :

Respray done!

Starting to kit it out this afternoon

Got the hardboard floor down , two layers of ply with a thin layer of insulation between the ply.
Vinyl sheet over the top.

Also fitted some of the headliner back in.

Last week I could cry because I purchased a half decent bus but it was all pulled apart in the garage and driveway.
Today it's looking a bit more useable?

Progress

Latest posts