Shorty's '71 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slightly better photo of the rims at the front
100_1198.jpg

yes towbar fitted ok, it is tight and had to trim the bracket to clear the exhaust bend.

camper68015.jpg

Shorty said:
That's the ones! I think I just did a little sex wee :D
I'm gonna try them on the bus this weekend before putting them on the beetle, so I'll post a photo on my gallery thread

uber cool said:
Shorty said:
That's the ones! I think I just did a little sex wee :D
I'm gonna try them on the bus this weekend before putting them on the beetle, so I'll post a photo on my gallery thread

I'll be looking out for this as you are running a stick width beam with narrow to wide adaptors...

If it looks fine, that'll be my wheel choice sorted!! :mrgreen:

I bought a fog light at VoWo from a private seller.. original and 40 years old, it was showing its age.. unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it before, but here it is after 10 minutes effort with the Autosol...

I do love shiny! :D

eb6cb205.jpg

I've started on the interior tonight.. first job = remove the old one!

As it started:

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

Sink / Cooler unit & Passenger seat removed

DSC02199.jpg

Buddy Seat Removed

DSC02200.jpg

Table removed

DSC02201.jpg

Gonna pop a full width RnR in there, homemade buddy seat, panels to match the reupholstered front seats, see above... And a few other little things... (got to keep you interested!!)

The reason is mainly to make it more family friendly, the Westy interior is just too cramped when you're four up with a dog too...

I'm keeping the Westy interior in storage just in case I want to revert back to the original at anytime....

hello
liking your bus :D
also loving your steelies
where did you get your chrome hub caps from and do they fit staight onto the standard wheels ?
cheers norm

norm said:
hello
liking your bus :D
also loving your steelies
where did you get your chrome hub caps from and do they fit staight onto the standard wheels ?
cheers norm

Thank you...!

I got the baby moon covers from Custom & Commercial... They fit straight onto 5x112 steelies, no drilling, no fixings... The dome just pops over the lip on the wheels... 2 second job!!

you know it's time to do something to your bus when you find yourself half way down the second page of threads in the gallery section!!

So, had a good day 'at-it' yesterday...

New cab seats fitted: (Thank you Oslomark_69 from the Howling Wolf SpeedShop)

718ded39.jpg

New canvas fitted: (You know who you are that fitted this - thank you, great job!)

Before: (This canvas is now for sale....)

95044d90.jpg

After:

9c3cfd83.jpg

New engine bay seal fitted:

a4efc4b7.jpg

This bus is now for sale..... My heart string were tugged by the Kombi (see my other thread) so this one has to go... It's a great bus, all the niggles have been sorted since I bought it, and with the new canvas and cab interior, someone is going to get a great bus and an excellent price (http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I just hope the new owner continues to update this thread so I can see how she is getting along...

Latest posts