Shorty's '71 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmn, I'm 5/112 though, not 5/130.... to go with porker wheels I'd have to get a 944 front brake set up and run adaptors on the rear... all adds to the cost.... not ruling it out, but you gotta consider everything huh! :D

creationblue said:
Difficult one!

The BRMs dont have a great offset, that said my American Eagles have a bad ET13
Just

I was wondering what your wheels were and why you were tight on the rear arches... I was thinking they were SSP GT5's (??) but they have an ET of 20 so shouldn't cause a problem...

All makes sense now! :D

Shorty said:
hmmmn, I'm 5/112 though, not 5/130.... to go with porker wheels I'd have to get a 944 front brake set up and run adaptors on the rear... all adds to the cost.... not ruling it out, but you gotta consider everything huh! :D

I ran Teledials on a late bay with adaptors front and rear............wheels are (were) cheap as chips so offset the cost of adaptors.

Shorty said:
creationblue said:
Difficult one!

The BRMs dont have a great offset, that said my American Eagles have a bad ET13
Just

I was wondering what your wheels were and why you were tight on the rear arches... I was thinking they were SSP GT5's (??) but they have an ET of 20 so shouldn't cause a problem...

All makes sense now! :D

They are bloody tight, BUT dont touch 8)

creationblue said:
Shorty said:

I ran Teledials on a late bay with adaptors front and rear............wheels are (were) cheap as chips so offset the cost of adaptors.

How did it look with adaptors? Were you stock width? Porsche ET tend to be greater circa ET30, so may offset the adptor width???

Am I talking BS?

I was stock width and it wasnt slammed, but like you say the good ET of the Porkers mean that the adaptors dont make a difference.....

Food for thought anyway, I love the challenge wheels bring :lol:

Now your asking :lol:

Found this, not much help but you get the idea, imagine it 6" lower ;)

Picture040-1.jpg

does work OK doesn't it....

Thanks Just.....

I'll ignore the fact it's a latebay! :msn4: :lol:

(all welcome of course, just pulling a leg!)

uber cool said:
Shorty said:
uber cool said:
looked nice with the black and polished fuchs, :mrgreen:

You can go off people you know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But also looks nice with the steelies and chrome hub caps :lol:

Although I don't actually fully disagree... it really depends on the angle you look at them...

in this photo I think they look good..

DSC01712.jpg

but in this one, they look pants!

28fec853.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I do prefer the wide 5 steels and hub caps. Mines got 112 pcd late bay brakes at the front, so running adaptors at the front with wide 5 356 rims.

100_3088.jpg

uber cool said:
I do prefer the wide 5 steels and hub caps. Mines got 112 pcd late bay brakes at the front, so running adaptors at the front with wide 5 356 rims.

That looks the business!

Interesting... looks like you are you running stock width? I'm guessing that these wheels, being porker have a good offset, circa ET30 which would give you sufficient space, same as creationblue did with his porker wheels..

In an ideal world I'd buy Sprintstars, black and chrome... hmmmmmmmmmmm.. but I don't think the ET works well if I have to build in adaptors too.... in fact, I know it does work at all, I think the combined ET would be 0 or even -5 depending on the widthof the adaptor....

#shouldhaveboughtabusbetween68and70

Also think having a 15" rim makes a big difference to the stance, sometimes the 14" look a bit small in the arch.

also interesting is that I think we have the same exhaust... you are running a tow bar which I was thinking of doing also, so now I know it will fit OK! :mrgreen:

Do you mean like these babies I picked up from the Volksworld show, 8)

04122011308.jpg

5.5 rears and 4.5 fronts, but might put them on the Beetle :?:

The offset on the 356 rims is quite deep ( cant remember the exact ET) but sit nicely under the arch,

Latest posts