Should I lower my bus???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I lower it?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fraggle

Reaction score
Here it is at the moment...
Holiday07113.jpg

I was thinking of a half or 1 outer spline drop at the rear and the front on adjusters to level it out. I want to still run the standard whitewalls and don't want any tyre scrubbing malarky!

Anyone else running a lowered bus with standard wheels and tyres out there? Post a pic soz I can get a good idea of whether I like it enough. Clem - I think you said your bus was lowered 1 spline when you went to France. How was it on tyre scrubbing when loaded up with all ya camping gear?

I'll try and attach a poll on this with a view to having either stayed the same or lowered it by Sandown!

Cheers, Fraggle 8)

My usual response to this question is Yes, the lower the better and all that :D , but I reckon you should leave it as it is Fraggle.
Looks spot on at the moment 8)

EgoTrippin said:
My usual response to this question is Yes, the lower the better and all that :D , but I reckon you should leave it as it is Fraggle.
Looks spot on at the moment 8)

agree - i love the lowered look but i think stock height suits this bus

If the decision doesn't come easily leave it, why change it if you're not certain that's what you want?

*no*

categorically not... it looks absolutely perfect as it is, and i wouldn't change a thing 8)

unless you're gonna lay it out, what's the point for half a spline... it's like paying for a haircut and then just asking them to trim your split ends :?

(clem's bus squeals like beth ditto on an open day at willy wonka's)

heres mine down a spline at the rear , adjusters at front, will change front tyres as they look like doughnuts......what do ya think?

kernowhighernlowervwcornwalljamb-3.jpg

ooro, yours looks cool, look forward to seeing it in the metal. Low lighter, I would leave it alone, but depends what you like, mines running stock height at the moment, thats what i like but the other half wants to slam it and put alloys on! May be we should have one each!!

I had mine on factory steels, I liked it, and am tempted to put them back on!

100_2098.jpg

The tyres at the front will momentarily scuff the arches under 'big' hits, but its no biggie. This is one spline and a few inches adjustment to the beam.

Latest posts