****SHOW ME YOUR INTERIORS****

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
If you have a full width RnR bed in the back :mrgreen:
Got a bit of a dilema.
Want to fit an interior in the back of my Bay but megga strugling with inspiration.
Not even sure what i want yet :oops: . Weather i want fridge, stove etc etc or keep it simpler.
Got a full width RnR bed fitted already and i want to keep it.

Please please please inspire me :lol:

Rich

I have been in the same place mate. I descided on a late Westy Berlin

007-2.jpg

Its not fully fixed yet as im going to town with new ply roof, electrics, gas ect

006-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

Not full RnR but not far off, also got an electric fridhe unit out of a Delux and wired that in.......

We all need a project ;)

Just

Kept mine simple.prefer the full width as have slept in some smaller versions.would like however to maybe have a westy style cupboard for more storage on trips.I use under rear and buddy!

2yl4jfn.jpg

Kev

6fe4f4ea.jpg

3edaec72.jpg

Again kept mine simple with microbus interior and Z Hinges. I've got a small storage buddy seat and now Devon style cooker cabinet. I wanted to keep the microbus look inside so stick with it. For camping I have a large awning.

A full width rock´n´roll bed and a beer cooler.. what else do you need? :party0041:
35iu6o4.jpg

haha....the big dilemma! We went over and over this one for weeks! We decided to go with a full width RnR bed, the old 3/4 bed for us anyway is just too small to get a good nights sleep. I also decided early on that I didn't really want to be cooking inside the camper. After doing a new interior I didn't want to make it look and smell like a full english! We went for two buddy seats behind the driver & passenger seats and the full width RnR bed which gives us usable seating for 7 which is great fun for taking the mates off on little jaunts in the countryside. We have a drive away awning for when we go camping, with a folding table and we do all out cooking in there. Bit of a ball ache to put up but I'm getting better at it. But the good thing is you aren't lugging around a kitchen and camping gear all the time, only when you need it.

Thanks for your replys everyone.
Looks like buddy seats are the way to go for a little extra seating and a little extra storage.

Liking your set up CB but i want to stay full width. Had something similar in my old Bay 8) .

Merlydog, how are you finding your RnR set up? I was looking into your way of doing things when i got mine. But plumped for a standard set up (Better the devil you know and all that).

Are you alowed to carry people sat on the buddy seats whilst on the roads withought seatbelts?

Who produced buddy seats in the 1st place? Westy, devon.....?

My interior been done a few years now & standing up well.

No66-5-2011.jpg

I have plenty of storage under the seat/bed & over head locker.
DSCN1727.jpg

Built in fridge & cooker stored in top cups & tea bags in spice rack.
DSCN1707.jpg

Fold down table very handy no messing about here, fold down/up Buddy.
DSCN1715.jpg

Well the Dogs like it in here every time I open up their in there thinking were goin on holiday :lol: trouble is I can't get the buggers out. :x
The thing is what works for you. My Mrs is always trying to get me to change to fancy curtains I like plain Jane black cord & always say to her this is a Mans Van. :shock: :lol: ;)

Hi all.

I went for full width as well for comfort and the fact I have 3 ankle biters.

Mines still in progress but found ikea wall cabinets fab for storage.

5ec0b0ab-4fc6-f350.jpg

terrier man said:
My interior been done a few years now & standing up well.

No66-5-2011.jpg

Well the Dogs like it in here every time I open up their in there thinking were goin on holiday :lol: trouble is I can't get the buggers out. :x
The thing is what works for you. My Mrs is always trying to get me to change to fancy curtains I like plain Jane black cord & always say to her this is a Mans Van. :shock: :lol: ;)

Thats so nice. Who did the furniture and trimming? :D

J.

Thanks,
The previous owner was a shopfitter he did most of the woodwork I don't know who did the upholstery but it matches the cab seats which were done in California I managed to match it with the fold down buddy seat I had made so any good Trimmer could do it. As for the furniture it's a modern copy of the original unit so you would have to go bespoke which will be expensive but there are companies about making similar units for westys.
Hope this helps.

I've got a Dormobile interior in mine out of my mates old van. Just had to change the bed for a lower one :)
120fcff8.jpg

Hoosier said:
Thanks for your replys everyone.
Looks like buddy seats are the way to go for a little extra seating and a little extra storage.

Liking your set up CB but i want to stay full width. Had something similar in my old Bay 8) .

Merlydog, how are you finding your RnR set up? I was looking into your way of doing things when i got mine. But plumped for a standard set up (Better the devil you know and all that).

Are you alowed to carry people sat on the buddy seats whilst on the roads withought seatbelts?

Who produced buddy seats in the 1st place? Westy, devon.....?

It's going well Rich Ta matey.. The two things I took away from the set up was; make sure the z hinge plates are flush against the flooring. It took me hours to chisel out the wood lol :lol: If you don't it's not flat and very uncomfortable! Also, I'm going to put a piece of plywood over the tailgate (I believe either Devon or Danbury or something had these as standard?), then when in the bed position move it across the lumpy bits. My futon mattress is fantastic and the perfect size to fold up in the back when not in use. My boys love it! (before headliner refitted pic) :mrgreen:

e0505182.jpg

Latest posts