Show Us Yer Curtains!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abby

Reaction score
Hallo!

I need curtain inspiration... I'm torn between coloured/not coloured... patterned/not patterned... rail/poppers... !!!

Show me what you got? :mrgreen:

I have some reversible ones bought from Delilahs VW, http://www.delilahs.net/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, a couple of years ago and i really rate them. They come with magnets sewn into the edges so no curtain rails needed......

Hi Abby, I`ve been working on something similar to the ones above. Magnets in the edges but concertina as well with 100mm folds so that you can have them half open or a third open or whatever by folding the concertina with the magnets sticking to each other. The idea is that they could overlap in the centre by being two part curtains. The one on the slider would have to be like the ones above. I`m also looking at vinyl perhaps so they have a chance of keeping clean. Initially I`m looking at replicating the colour of the pop top for the outside view and maybe old movie stars on the inside view, maybe surfing or tropical scenes. It`s a work in progress but the cardboard prototypes look to work well. If I have them made in vinyl, I could have anything printed on them, pictures of Elvis or even the Muppets :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Another work in progress :mrgreen:

I like the idea of reversible! Magnets is looking an attractive option. Some else mentioned poppers somewhere too! Unusual but interesting idea.

Cant wait to see how your concertina turns out ozziedog.. Hope to see pictures :mrgreen:

Its the next job on my list to do. Thinking of having rails to side and rear and using magnets for the cab area. Struggling to find rails at the moment though :( Our van doesn't look like its had them in before so may need to make some fresh holes which im a little worried about. :shock:

I have the (out of) same style as the pillows:

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

They look great sausage, might be just what I am after! I was gonna put a curtain wire up top and bottom but that seems much easier. I have the thermal blinds a the min with suckers onto the window but I'm not getting on with them and they aren't very cosy.
Only problem is, I'm not into any of delilahs fabric options!

Dont reckon they would be too hard to make up if you got and know how to use a sewing machine [which i don't].
Or give Delilahs a call, they seemed nice enough when i bought them so am sure they could help if you had another pattern/style in mind.
A lot better than Thermablinds and those suction pad things. Never liked putting them up and down.

Reckon they would be pretty simple to make! I vote once the seams are folded (and ironed) in... pin your two pieces back to back with the magnets in the seams and sew around all 4 sides to keep the magnets in! I may give this a go after my seat sewing success this week!

Latest posts