side window 1/4 lights...(research)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analog

Reaction score
.. not the cab ones, but the side windows.

would you buy new items? they would be finished in stainless steel (which can be painted if you wanted) the outer holding frame is too difficult to make, those can be repaired, but the 1/4 light frame and glass itself can't be so easily,

and as far as i know they are the same from early to late?

they would be projected to be in the area of £65-£75 each complete.

thanks for your help.

I had to find second hand ones and ended up getting 5 to make 3 good ones, at that price, I'd have bought them new, as long as the quality was up to scratch!

I'll take two please.

But I think you should offer as a kit, so buy all the manky outers holder frames, give them a touch up, put with your newly made inner frames and sell as complete with a adequate markup as a working restored 1/4 light. 8)

thanks for the help guys.

would be as best quality as possible, as they would be going on my bus first and foremost.

dont think that trying to find all old frames for a kit would be viable

but i might have second thoughts, did think there would be a better response

as normally people seem to be desperate for these, hence the idea to make them, and i've seen enough buses with manky ones.

I guess it's one of those items that isn't an easy swap over, so would probably only appeal to people who had their windows out and realised how manky their ones are and need a replacement. I'd have bitten your arm off 6 months ago :?

Good luck - I hope you can get them made and at that kind of price they should sell well :D

these are always good sellers at 50 second hand so i can o nly assume that new at 75 would see you supplying schofields, gsf, heritage and jk.Good luck ;)

I'd be interested but only if I could buy a full kit ready to fit as I just have fixed windows at the moment so have nothing to start with.

Also it would have to be well priced against the sliding windows you can buy as they're what i plan to go for at the moment

Latest posts