sill renewal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf

Reaction score
I have a hole in the drivers side sill,do you have to take the cupboards out to do this?can someone in the trade or whose had work done give me an idea of how much it would cost? cheers murf.its the outer sill.

murf - no need to take cupboards out as you cant get at it from inside the van Its below the level of the floor. If its a minor hole fingers crossed that its just the outer that needs sorting. Very often (as with mine) the hole comes through from the inside which almost always means there will be corrosion to deal with on the middle and inner sills also.

Cant advise on cost Im afraid as I am doing mine myself but somebody will no doubt be along to your post shortly with futher guidance! (If you do have a go at doing it yourself there are rakes of posts on here about sill replacement).

Good Luck :)

cheers mate small hole but have conflicting info,its the outer looks ok inside fingers crossed.cheers murf.

Really cant tell mate till you have dug further ..

.. its the can of worms scenario im afraid!

If it is just a small hole maybe a local repair rather than a whole sill is the order of the day ..

Are yer feeling lucky! :D

Hilly

Latest posts