silly question time

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinworm

Reaction score
hello,
i bought a microbus a few months ago... currently stripping it and rebuilding it...i was wondering wether it is possible to fit spoked wire wheels on it. someone mentioned that i would need to already have plined adjusters.. can you tell me vw campers had them and if not where i would be able to source some from please???? am very new to all this... any help would be much appreciated....thanks in advance. :?

I looked into this a few years ago just out of curiosity after i photoshop a picture :msn4:
you can get bolt on splined adapter's/spinners in 5x112 pcd (mercedes) and wheels come in all sizes if your prepared to pay the price :shock: .

slam10copy.jpg

looks 8) to me...Dave

thanks for the tip bay. the wheels i am looking at are aston martin/ jaguar wire wheels. i took your advice and found somewhere that does the spline adapters and spinners. i have contacted them for prices etc. i might have to save hard but it will be worth it. thanks again. :)

nooooo! :D wire wheels are for red sportscars :D
It's worth noting that you can't straight lace driven wheels, so they wouldn't look as cool as the ones above anyway.

A friend had a set of 100 spokes for sale recently, and the spin adaptors had multiple combination PCD so they fitted pretty much any hub. Except wide 5, thankfully

the type of wire wheels i am looking for are like e-type jag or mg. not too many spokes. just something i'm looking at unless i see something else, but everything i've looked at is boring same old....want something different...when bus is finished i think the wire wheels will set it off a treat. :idea:

Latest posts