Silver corrugated hoses

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesurwin

Reaction score
OK, hopefully a simple question - my engine bay is missing the two silver corrugated hoses that go from the fan down to the heat exchangers. I'm 99% sure my heat exchangers work to provide heat and the rest of the system is ok. Will these being missing be the reason why the heat is not reaching the cab, and therefore hopefully an easy fix?

The fanhousing contains... The fan!
This blows air through the heat exchangers, where the air is then warmed up.
Warm air then runs through a tube under the bus and up to the totem in the cab and finally up to the screen.
Any part of this missing = no heat.

Without the hoses there is a break in the system and no air flow.

There's no such thing as a stupid question. ;)
If you have a 4-into-1 exhaust manifold then clearance may be tight and cheap quality ones may burn through, standard exhaust will be fine. Toffo24 on here has some excellent quality metal ones and would be happy to give you the details I'm sure.

I bought some "plastic " type ones from either Jk or vwh can't remember who. Everyone said they would melt but have been fine so far, I'm running a stock exhaust that has the "pods? " on them then there's a wide jubilee clip from the pods onto the exchangers?
But as above if you use the flexi metal ones make sure there good thick ones as the thinner ones tear quite easily

Latest posts