Skateboards

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggz

Reaction score
So do you, or dont you?...
Skateboard.jpg

Heres mine...

Dude,
This is a well used thread, there's loads of Skaters on here. Check this out:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12920&hilit=skateboard+anyone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a pic of my shortboard:
DSC01500.jpg

and my kid (Kai) and Leon's daughter on my longboard at Vanfest:
DSC01664-1.jpg

oh yeah, that's my daughter next to the board, wanting to get on :lol:

Me to, much to the embarrasment :oops: of my Mrs n kids!!! Dont have a picture of my ride though(at work) will post it later
Also me and my daughter have started power kiting so looking at mountain boards just now..... "mmmmmmh new toys!" Any experts here?

love than natas deck, my mate had an early natas i remember is was one of the widest decks out back then and right b#stard to flip.
Are those cockroach rails? and santa cruz risers? and oj's?

Right i'm off to photobucket to find the pics of my board to post up. :)

ant said:
love than natas deck, my mate had an early natas i remember is was one of the widest decks out back then and right b#stard to flip.

Spot on Sir! This has been with me since back in the day. Its fast as fast and gets the wobbles then I fall off :oops: I just put the OJ's on it and started using it again, my wife hit the roof and claimed mid life crisis or what! I tried to justify them saying it was all for my boy.............he is 6 weeks old! :lol:

ghop99 said:
ant said:

Spot on Sir! This has been with me since back in the day. Its fast as fast and gets the wobbles then I fall off :oops: I just put the OJ's on it and started using it again, my wife hit the roof and claimed mid life crisis or what! I tried to justify them saying it was all for my boy.............he is 6 weeks old! :lol:

Now THAT'S a sick ride! Your memories amazing Ant :mrgreen:

Long story behind this board i won't bore you
02102008874.jpg

T-Bones the daddy of oldshool cool and the wheel of choice for Lance,Tony, Mike etc...i searched for these bad boys for a good while and managed to find these nos ones
28062008245.jpg

02102008873-1.jpg

Got one these...
9622_145942317617_515842617_2608040_4982098_n.jpg

Want one of these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-RhKZwJG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ant said:
the last hill on the utube clip is awesome!!!!!!

Love doing powerslides on skateboards so one of these would be real fun :)

You really are an old school dude, we need to send you back to the EARLY 80's :mrgreen:

ProfessorWheeto said:
Want one of these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-RhKZwJG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm looving the look of that! where can i get one ?

As Ian says those Freeboards aren't as easy as they look, despite my bulk I would count myself as a decent skate/longboard/Mountainboarder. I had a go on a freeboard at NASS a few years ago and like Ian nearlyly killed myself. The problem with them is you can adjust how far down the caster wheels sit and I think it would take a long time to work out the best settings to get the best all round feel on the board.

Don't be fooled into thinking its a get on and off you go cos it isn't, you have been warned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Got a couple of basic 'Scrub' mountain boards for sale if anyone is interested, the kids don't use them anymore and they just take up space in the garage

Why :?: :?: :?: :?: , am I that much of a post whore :?: :lol: :?: :lol: :?: :lol:

Those freeboards do look fun I must admit. I have been snowboarding for about 15 years on and off and was lucky enough to get stuck in the rocky mountains for a few years so have ridden most of the well know US resorts. All that said I still can't ride as good as those fellas in the clip on my snowboard so I am guessing it would need a good few years commitment to get on with the freeboard. Its like any board sport or sport for that matter, the pros make it look far too easy. Imagine the road rash if you did come off at that speed! OUUUUUUUCH!! :shock:

shire bikes on lawerance hill in bristol are supposed to be stockist of freeboards, they retail out at around £160

Latest posts