Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon is making me a beam up so frank is still on axle stands at the moment..... will post some more progress when the beam arrives.
Their stuff is top notch and customer service is second to none :)

Wheels still maybe for sale in the future but not at the moment....... just about to order some new ones and not sure how long they will take to get here.

ant

Hi!

It's gonna look wicked once you get the beam - always a work in progress eh?

What wheels are you getting? Guess they are from the States? :wink: I guess we will to wait and see what you are getting??

I was so close to getting your old beam - but got beat to it whilst i was still in the umming and arring stage..... :roll:

Cheers!

Alistair

yeah sorry about that fella, i took a deposit on it within 24hrs,can't be bad.

wheels are a little different to the norm and not everyone is going to like me thinks

All exciting stuff 8) just wondering, why do you want coil overs fitted so bad?

easy said:
All exciting stuff 8) just wondering, why do you want coil overs fitted so bad?

The following is all imho:

a. they were free :)
b. after the experience i've had with torsion bar adjusters i wanna stay well away
c. you can adjust them loads quicker
d. you get a better ride

cant think of anymore.

Those BRM,s give Frank a completly different look, I really like it, kind of a modern twist. Never thought about these wheels before but the split in VolksWorld mag along with Frank has changed my mind completly.

Awesome, keep us updated, especially about the R9 stuff..

Posting so I can keep watching this thread

Simon delivered the beam this evening. narrowed by 83mm, proper roller bearings and no more polyurethane bushes :) it looks spanking going to fit it this weekend.

100_0434.jpg

100_0435.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0438.jpg

Was the narrowed part special order? On the R9 site they only seem to do a normal beam.. :?:

Looks awesome btw, good to hear R9 are reliable :mrgreen: Im seriosuly looking at them for my setup..

Keep it coming.

cunning plan said:
Was the narrowed part special order? On the R9 site they only seem to do a normal beam.. :?:

Looks awesome btw, good to hear R9 are reliable :mrgreen: Im seriosuly looking at them for my setup..

Keep it coming.

red9 are now making narrowed beams (don't think the site has been updated yet) mine has been made 83mm narrower but this is the exception rather than the rule.
Not sure what their "standard" narrowed beam dimensions are.
All i know so far is that it is a lot heavier and looks more substancial than the weedeater and is also cheaper.
Will hopefully know more after fitting it this weekend.

sorry fella's :oops:

The money i put a side for new rims has been swallowed up getting my A8 back on the road... tax,insurance,mot etc

So the rims have yet to be ordered, i'll let you know when i've booked some of Neils(whitewallguy) time steve.

All the bits for the new frt suspension are in the garage, just not had the time to put it all together yet, will pull me finger out this week

ant :)

not on the bus yet but here's some pics of the beam built up.

So we have...

-Red9 88mm Narrowed Balljoint beam ( Made as a one off for me, this is as narrow as you can go with coilovers)
-Red9 2" to 4" drop Ez Rider kit.
-Wagonwest 2.5" Dropped spindles

01112008990.jpg

01112008991.jpg

01112008993.jpg

01112008995.jpg

01112008996.jpg

Latest posts