Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is our first house and we bought frank soon after, Always wanted frank in the garage but i''ve had a couple of probs
1. the up and over wouldn't go up high enough and
2. I've had my other cars in there.

Now the "other" cars have gone, i decided to have away with the garage door and get frank in side at long last. So i've removed the up and over door, all the timber frame work and relocated all the strip lights and i can get frank in the garage without taking the roof rack off, result!! i'm well happy.

just got to build a new garage door and a workshop in the back garden to clear the rest on the crap out of the garage :)

071220081143.jpg

071220081140.jpg

071220081139.jpg

071220081141.jpg

Cool, now all you need to do for that added security is build some barn-styled garage doors..

Like these..

GarageDoors.jpg

I think Ant will struggle with doors due to the slope on the drive, Ant you can get sectioned garage doors that still go up into the roof that take up less space than the up and over you took off,

Cheers Graham, i think we will opt for the wooden concertina style ones, so chuft to get the bus in the dry after all this time :).....

After putting my justkampers cover back on frank after it rains the roof rack creates a swimming pool on the roof which slowly chinese water torture style) drips water over the van till its drained, not good.

Is that a front beam on? Where are the pics.
Always nice to get them off the road! Well done.

yes mate the beam is on :).... still got a few little niggles with the beam that need sorting but as the bus is off then road theres no rush. So pleased to get him inside :)

I need to sort some new wheels and i'm thinking of bigger brakes and a change of pcd too

Bloody hell dude - that's a serious amount of pi##ing about with your front suspension :shock:

If I come and pinch you one weekend, do you fancy coming to Swansea for a beam swapping party :lol:

Cracking looking bus too :D

ant said:
yes mate the beam is on :).... still got a few little niggles with the beam that need sorting but as the bus if off then road theres no rush. So pleased to get him inside :)

I need to sort some new wheels and i'm thinking of bigger brakes and a change of pcd too

Ohh!! Change of wheels? What you thinking of? Those chromies still about? :wink:

Alistair

yup, they are for sale and i've just had them re-red banded (on sat 6/12/08 ) and they look awesome 8)

Only prob is i'm going to have to get some low profile tyres put on the og rims so i've got something to go on the bus untill i can afford the new rims. Wasn't sure if trying to sell them this close to xmas was a good idea?

ant said:
yup, they are for sale and i've just had them re-red banded (on sat 6/12/08 ) and they look awesome 8)

Only prob is i'm going to have to get some low profile tyres put on the og rims so i've got something to go on the bus untill i can afford the new rims. Wasn't sure if trying to sell them this close to xmas was a good idea?

Hmmm, good point, decisions, decisions. !!

Alistair

Mate love the thread bus and the front su job you've sorted. plus the fact the bus is now indoors check out ebay single doors, hinged doors. Seems to be a few around for reasonable wonger which would fit.... :wink:

Oh i needed a little van for a new business venture so i bought this...... and then spent the weekend tinkering with it, looks 8) now.

080220091309.jpg

Caddy looks pretty cool 8) would be nice with some old school chrome hubcaps.

Frank looks nice n cosy too :wink:

Ant,
Whats the new business adventure, is it mobile white wall tyres :wink:
Or have I put 2 and 2 together and come up with 15 :oops:

if you need any signage for the van let me know :mrgreen:

Latest posts