Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ant,

I don't suppose you are planning to do Big Bang this year & combining it with doing a set of tyres there ? (i.e mine!) Ideal exposure :D

No worries if not - I couldn't work out if you are based in Stafford or Nottingham ?

Will.

tintintin said:
Ant,

I don't suppose you are planning to do Big Bang this year & combining it with doing a set of tyres there ? (i.e mine!) Ideal exposure :D

No worries if not - I couldn't work out if you are based in Stafford or Nottingham ?

Will.

Hi, I'm in Stafford.

I will hopefully be trading a few shows this year, not sure if the big bang will be one of them yet.

I'm only a few miles away from Bustypes if your going?

I live very close to junction 14 m6 about one mins drive from the motorway

Managed to polish another fuch this evening, whole tube of autosol on 3 rims :shock:

Going to white/red wall them at the weekend.

What do you guys reckon red or white? i think white would look better but if they are to go on frank they will end up red. Hmmm

your thoughts?

There is a strong chance that the fronts(14") will not fit due to the dropped spindles.

surfbus said:
I think you should go for a small red line on the tyres.

Are there other colors possible?

Yes, at the moment i can do white/red/yellow and blue if there is a demand other colours will also be available.

I've got a new batch of white and red on its way from the states as we speak,

Johnny said:
definitely thin red band, 8)

do you need any advertising space by the way :p ?

Hi Johnny, yes mate i still want some advertising space, just waiting until the website is built which should be mid April

ant

some more work, ats classics and og porsche fuch both for sale if your interested

The red is hard to picture with out getting a shine off the lights/sun or flash

280220091449.jpg

280220091440.jpg

280220091451.jpg

280220091444.jpg

280220091454.jpg

from this...

220220091384.jpg

to this.....

280220091424.jpg

280220091429-1.jpg

Seriously nice work on them wheels :party0047:

yippy ! 5 hours and almost finished one wheel only 3 more of these then on to my BRM's , there has to be more to life ! give me a shout if you fit then to frank i'd love to see them on, if only i had the £££ i'd have fuchs on phill

DSCF1958.jpg

I prefer the white..

Cool lil caddy..

Question. Can you do this for any tyre - I mean - how do you get around the writing already on the tyre? Do you somehow scrape it off leaving a flat surface?
huh.gif

Craig i use a proper whitewalling machine...... it turns the wheel and at the same time lets you buff the tyre. Creating a matched smooth surface for the stripe applicator.

I like the white.......... i've just took delivery of some new red from the states, it looks awesome 8)

Arr I see :mrgreen:

I will be coming to you for some whites when my bus isnt in pieces :shock:

8)

Latest posts