Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some tinkering time today, frank is now as low as i can take him and still get on off the drive ( i can go nearly 2" lower!!) , you can only get off the drive if only one person is sitting in the frt :)

Even at this height the ball joints sit very straight thanks to the dropped spindle and red9 kit

210320091536.jpg

210320091531.jpg

210320091533.jpg

210320091540.jpg

210320091528.jpg

Still waiting for a new batch of white from the states but had a play with the spare and some of the old white. i striped the band higher up the wall, sort of makes the wheel/tyre look bigger. Looks a bit strange but i quite like it.

220320091545.jpg

Nice one Ant, get em sealed up with varnish mate.
Did you get on the plane :?: :lol:

Mate, I love your bus, totally awesome.

Can you explain what red9 is and how it works please.

I have looked at lowering my bus, but the only option that seems available here is to get adjusters fitted.

Cheers

rod

Kombirod said:
Mate, I love your bus, totally awesome.

Can you explain what red9 is and how it works please.

I have looked at lowering my bus, but the only option that seems available here is to get adjusters fitted.

Cheers

rod

Hi try this link.

http://www.red9design.com/type2.htm

The red9 system replaces your buses existing torsion sprung front suspension which is replaced with a tie-bar. Then coilovers are used in place of the original shockers.

When fitted you will be able to adjust the front suspension height and also adjust the dampening. IMHO it is the best ride quality you can get on a lowered bay.

If you phone Simon from Red9 he will answer any questions and if you decide to make an order mention earlybay.com and you will receive 10% discount :)

Now the front is sorted i've had a play with the rear again, new wheels (cheers leon :)) and another spline down on the rear left the rear shockers bottoming out. For a temp fix i've used the gas charged front shockers i took off when coilovers went on. Worked a treat but now i've got the usual issue with changing the rear tyres..... need to sort some better shocks asap.... that ride well but also allow me to remove the rear rims without taking the bottom shock bolt out. I had the tracking all set up the other day and now the rear has dampening it's liking driving a different bus, it handles awesome now :)

slammed bus with decent ride quality and it handles well, makes all the hard work worth while..... i had a large grin when i took him for a test drive earlier 8)

110420091630.jpg

Well i was hoping to see a photo with them hub caps! Fit picture all the same :mrgreen:

Well done Ant

I have to admire your persistence, I like a person who doesn't give up.

The bus is looking amazing and I'm glad you have a ride you get on with too. I have used Spax adjustables but I do need to remove the lowe shock bolt, not that that is a real problem and worth it for the quality of ride I get.

Have fun now and see you at Oswestry.

Jon

cheers Jon :)

Over the last few months i've been collecting a small pile of goodies, today i fitted rear view mirror tiki (thanks sam), bamboo parcel shelf, stainless cab door peaks and a madmats cab floor mat. Looks a lot more inviting now :)

120420091635.jpg

120420091640.jpg

120420091638.jpg

ant said:
Ah yes the hubcaps....... bought these state side and they came last week.

080420091597.jpg

Hi Ant!

Nice caps - what are they off? Any shots of the wheel/cap/tyre combo?
Interior looking good too - I keep looking for a 2nd hand bamboo shelf, never seem to find one. Where was yours from?

Alistair

Latest posts