Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank is our wedding vehicle, just had a call from my mate who was sorting an oil leak for me( i didn't have the time as the wedding is so close)...... worst possible news, His words were "your engine is f~cked" :(. If this was a local wedding it would not be much bother as the engine does still run but we live in stafford and the wedding is at saunton north devon. Not sure what the crack is yet other than the case needs splitting as the crank is loose. Going to see him tomorrow but it sounds terminal.

hey Ant, hope you manage to get it sorted. great to meet you and your future bride at camperjam.
your van looks even better in the flesh than it does in the photos
good luck with getting it sorted and with your wedding

Nice Rack you got there :wink:

Looks sweeeeeetttttttttttttt! CE's polished racks are by far the nicest on the market!! :D

cheers :)

its looks like the thrust bearing is the prob. Don't think there is time to sort it before the wedding and i can't bare the thought of going down there in emma's polo :(..

Leon off the forum lives down the road from me and has kindly offered to lend me a 1.3 he's got stripped out of his bug.

Going pop round later for a look see.

Opted to persist with my 1641cc in the end, its currently in peices awaiting some new parts, hopefully should be sorted for the 3rd july to take Emma and i the 200 miles down to devon for our wedding.

frank never made to the wedding :( , engine has been completely stripped and rebuilt, and is now running well, with no oil leaks :)

and there may be a few more suspension mods on the horizon 8)

Gutted :( i´m sure the rest of the wedding went ok though.

been busy again, new engine in

14082008596.jpg

some wagonwest dropped spindles

14082008598.jpg

old

14082008597.jpg

new

14082008600.jpg

14082008601.jpg

result

14082008610.jpg

Not really drivable without tubbin the arches!! might be if i go back to 14" wheels tho Hmmmm :)

wot up dude how u been ? U have been spending (again) it's looking like you've got a few more ponies out back , what is it ? and dropped spindles ! I'll pop round next week. steve

cheers :)

Ever since i fitted the narrowed weedeater i was disappointed with lack of tuckage!. The 356 rims are quite dishy which ruined the whole look up frt, this evening i ripped one of the big old van tyres off the stock 14" steels fitted to the frt end and shit the bed it looked cool,with plenty of tuckage, just like it should be. Looks like the 356 rims and tyres will be up for sale soon me thinks. :)

Ant , one of the reasons i went for the 15" steels was to get the most " tuckage " 8) What are you gonna replace 356s with ?

Latest posts