Slammed too low help.......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Some of you will be aware that i fitted a slamwerks king and link beam to my 1970.

Iv not driven it yet but can already see a problem with it being so low, the adjusters are on their highest setting.

Could i swap the drop spindles for some standard ones then drop it a bit on the adjusters?

Also the rear is at a nice height but the drive shafts are touching the heater tubes and they are not far off the chassis.

Help guys

Lowering on the adjusters alone will affect the ride quality. What dropped spindles are you running? If you're running 3.5" maybe you can go down to 2.5". Reckon you would find someone here willing to swap.

I had the heater tube problem, i've bought some samco hose to replace em. My bus was also on the highest settin of the king n link pin beam i've just had my arch's tub'd, hoping now it'll be ok. It's a can of worms this slamming game. Good luck.
Chris.

Yep I had the same issue I put 2.5" wagonswest dropped spindles on and my bus was already lowered on adjusters and my thinking was put the drop spindles on to improve the ride and just lift it a bit on the adjusters?
Well we fitted the spindles and the arches sat on the tyres :? So under we went to adjust the adjusters only to find they were all the way up :shock: so we had to do this

236A99C5-3334-4F7C-956E-9547F22CB5A0-13276-000011EA006A0E30_zps7ff53746.jpg

And it sits like this

DE3952DC-0207-4B41-B5E9-EE1C0FE98DEE-408-000000335FEA7D44.jpg

I love it but now need to source some decent coilovers as the ones I put on are cak

Mark

aspro said:
Lowering on the adjusters alone will affect the ride quality. What dropped spindles are you running? If you're running 3.5" maybe you can go down to 2.5". Reckon you would find someone here willing to swap.

You can't swap from 3.5" to 2.5" unless you change everything, K&L are 3.2 and BJ are 2.5.
When you say it is all the way are your grub screws at the top or bottom of the slot? if they at the bottom then you are are the highest setting, a few people have made this mistake.

Adjusters are at the bottom of the slot so highest setting. Maybe I can get the Adjusters re located so I can get some more height.

Mine is as low as the tubbed ones up there ^^ but I have really low tyres

Excuse my lack of knowlege on the topic but if it is a slamwerks beam, why don't you contact Guy and ask what he would do?

What adjusters are they? Perhaps you can disasemble and push the collar to the side enough to be able to get a round file in there and elongate the hole to get some more 'up' adjustment...?

Jim

aspro said:
Excuse my lack of knowlege on the topic but if it is a slamwerks beam, why don't you contact Guy and ask what he would do?

Guy will just tell me to stop being a pansy and drop it more lol

the_troupster said:
What adjusters are they? Perhaps you can disasemble and push the collar to the side enough to be able to get a round file in there and elongate the hole to get some more 'up' adjustment...?

Jim

That's the sort of thing I was thinking about

Rexer said:
the_troupster said:

Jim

That's the sort of thing I was thinking about

I did it on my Beetles beam, 'cept I recall using a grinder! :lol:

Good luck
Jim

I had the same problem, dropped spindles with adjustable std beam caused serious rubbing. Short term solution for me was to remove the dropped spindles and replace with a std trailing arms/spindles. Ok for now, while I plan my next balls up, sorry move!

Latest posts