Sliding door adjustment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zcat7

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
Following the butchery that was my respray, one of the many things I still have to put right is the sliding door. It shuts and locks fine but when it "pings out" on opening the latch mechanism at the rear of the door snags on the rubber seal. I have to pull (or push if I'm inside) the back of the door all the way out for it to then slide. Any ideas what needs adjusting and how to best go about it?

This Ratwell article covers sliding door adjustment very nicely.
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/SlidingDoor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks BrilliantBlue, I had a quick scan and it looks interesting. It looks like a service routine that is easily overlooked...

At this stage I'm suspecting its the rubber seal profile that is the problem. The seal has been replaced by the guy who did the repair/respray work (though no repairs to the door itself the gutter above was replaced) but the quality of the seal is unknown. I don't imagine, judging by the rest of his work, that this is top quality. I think I will replace it though as he's managed to find a reason to cut it through in 2 places (top left and bottom right corners)!

Make sure the seal is in correctly. Mine did this until I realised it was not fully in the channel, makes a big difference!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Latest posts