Sliding door dropped

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analord

Reaction score
HI, when I open the sliding door, which seems to have dropped slightly at the hinge end, it catches and will open only if I pull the door at the hinge away from the body. The lock of the door seems to catch with the side of the body / rubber. Can the door be adjusted and would this be due to it dropping?

here's hoping!!

you will need to take track cover off to inspect arm/roller mec.proberly worn nylon guide block worn pivot on U shaped arm,the grab mec also siezes,snail shaped cams and latch levers.when you close the door the levers control when the mec releases the door to close in.when the mec releases to soon that is what causes the door to hit side panel :( how many have you seen with a dent caused by the latch mec.Haynes manual does help a bit.good luck and an axel stand and mate to hold door when working on mec

I had similar problem recently. If replacement guides do not do the trick it may be the large spring on the door side of the hinge. Mine had become disengaged and was not pulling U-bracket away from body of van. You need to undo 4 bolts to remove this part of mechanism from door. Remove sliding door trim and remove 2 bolts from inside van - the other 2 from outside after you have swung door away from body. (Take guide thro' gap in runner about halfway down lift and pull - if you want to disengage top runner tilt slightly. Be careful they are quite heavy and will need support.) Ease out lock from door and you will see large spring located on 2 lugs. This pulls the U-bracket open. The spring is a beast but can be be re-engaged with a hefty screwdriver and some patience. Plenty of oil on the hinge, grease on the runner and sorted!

Latest posts