Sliding door problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedman

Reaction score
Got a problem on my 71 LHD Westy, sliding door slides along and shuts and locks fine, unloack and drop the handle and nothing happens the back edge of the door sticks out like its about to slide back bu it doesn't until I pull the bottom edge of the door a lot.

Tried copious amounts of WD40 to free things up as well as tightening everything but no luck, after the last fettle it now slowly pops open after a few seconds like its getting stuck or something isn't releasing properly, any thoughts or ideas :?: :roll:

sounds like the cam inside the door slider hinge is broken or sticking.
take it off and have a fiddle. could also be the main spring (big bugger) has broke or come loose.

I found moving the handle worked for me :D then I replaced the sliding door mechanism because I had a broken bit in it and that fixed it, not sure how to explain the bit, but the sliding door is easy to take apart to have a look. :D

How easy is the cam to get to?

I take it its the part on the body next to the "U" hinge, i'll strip it down in daylight and have go :wink:

Any pics or exploded diagrams gladly received :oops:

T2-05-P48-1.jpg

This is from Heritage, My part that went was 21, now I Don't know if its the same problem but I got hold of a whole new units and it sorted out the problem, I do have part 21 kicking around just in case yours is broken :D

Look on the bright side, when I got my van in May, I drove it home, and proudly showed a neighbour the inside, I pulled the cargo door back, it came to the end of the channel, and merrily fell off in my hand...........

.................how I laughed.............. :evil:

HAHAHAHAHAHA....mine did that, it was even funnier when I got my mates to do it and see there face...hehehe :twisted:

cheers chaps, the copious amounts of WD40 have slackened things up a lot now, its still sticking but it does open, I've cleaned lots of dust and crap out from all the moving parts and added more WD40 and hopefully it'll work its way through, then a good clean up and regrease and we should be laughing :lol:

All sorted, a few days with the WD40 soaking in and it now slides as before, will pack it with some grease now :wink:

Cheers for your help :D

Latest posts