• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sliding Door Refurbishment Bushes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugman

Reaction score
Due to demand I have gone into production of these bushes again.

They will not be avaliable 'till the end of September '10 - and I will only have 15 sets to sell

These sets are £12.50 (1st class) posted - Paypal is no problem.
VW never made them as a spare part (nor has anyone else to my knowledge) so grab them while you can! The replacement of these bushes will eradicate the play in your old, worn bushes and make that sliding door experience feel much better - it also saves you between £200 & £270 on replacement mechanism (depending on LHD or RHD)

What I am selling is the brass bushes that fit on the mechanism (as the enclosed pictures)

dsc03633h.jpg

bayslidingdoormechvx3.jpg

They fit at either end of Item 8 on this photo

T2-05-P48-1.jpg

You get from me, 4 replacement bushes (3 of one size & 1 of the other), instructions on their replacement and delivery to the UK by first class post.

These are not being sold as a money making excercise, just to cover costs.

The bushes take about 20mins to replace once the mechaism is removed from the van and totally revitalise the "sliding" action

Bushes will be in stock from the end of this week (Friday 17th Sept) and are £12.50 per set including Instructions and 1st class post.

Paypal payments can be made to - [email protected]

I have 20 sets up for grabs and when they are gone thet are gone - so please be quick :)

Cheers guys for the payments :) Once the lathe has finished it's work I shall be sending the forts lot out Thursday probably :)

Hi Bugman,

Please can I have a set?
Money sent :D

Cheers
Al

I'll take a set for my RHD'er! ;)

Lemmie know how you want paying mate, or your paypal link etc.......

Cheers

Pauly

I'll have a set please, if you still have some left. Let me know and will forward payment. Thanks

Bugman said:
Bushes will be in stock from the end of this week (Friday 17th Sept) and are £12.50 per set including Instructions and 1st class post.

I have 20 sets up for grabs and when they are gone thet are gone - so please be quick :)

Cheers Tintop1970, may PayPal details are here ^^ ;)

Bugman said:
Bugman said:

Cheers Tintop1970, may PayPal details are here ^^ ;)

Payment made via paypal. Cheers

A quick note - I bought one of the first few sets done, it transformed the door operation on my 73, and the set I bought for my mate never got to him and will be on my 68 very soon....

top product and even has instructions!!!

D

dubdubz said:
tbh I'm surprised that one of the major suppliers haven't sought to stock these......

One just has (I was also insulted by one! :roll: but I shant name & shame) but thats why, once these last sets I have have gone I wont be selling any directly for at least 6 months. I shall exclusively be supplying them through one of the major suppliers, so same great product, but with the ability to reach a wider audience :) - Watch this space :)

Bugman said:
dubdubz said:
tbh I'm surprised that one of the major suppliers haven't sought to stock these......

One just has (I was also insulted by one! :roll: but I shant name & shame) but thats why, once these last sets I have have gone I wont be selling any directly for at least 6 months. I shall exclusively be supplying them through one of the major suppliers, so same great product, but with the ability to reach a wider audience :) - Watch this space :)

well done chief...probably not enough to retire on :lol: congrats........

Latest posts