So How much have you spent then?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyvanwestybike

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
79 sunroof deluxe
How much do you think you have spent since owning your Van?
I have a few receipts but im not that good at keeping them but in 21 years
I must of spent at least 20k
I am sure some spend much more than that and some will get away with much less :)
I started to make a list but I couldnt remember :lol:

Had mine for 13 years , stopped counting at 15k and that's not including the 2110 I've just had built or gearbox I've just bought.
It's not really about the money is it :) and it's deffo not about the MPG haha

Just keep telling yourself it's a few hundred quid so much easier to justify the next couple of hundred and the next and the - well you see where I'm going with this!

This is a hard one. As with a lot of people I started well, keeping track with receipts etc. it soon stops if you kept track you wouldn't do half as much.

I've got a spreadsheet running from purchase to date which is 99% complete (only the odd very minor bits missing) currently owes me 23k in round numbers

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

About £12k since I bought it for £6500 in 2010. That includes a factory fitted interior and Subaru conversion. Current agreed value is £20k so feel that is more or less ok

Over the last 27 years I've owned about 10 bays and 3 splittys and my current 69 panel has way surpassed any of the other busses I've owned as far as costs .This is partly due to the rise in prices of parts and the vehicles them selves . I bought my first one owner tin top Devon splitty for £650 and 2 years ago bought my current panel for £8700 and am now well into 20k (including buying it) and have not yet reupholstered or ply panelled it ! .8 years ago I sold a 65 split panel which I imported from SOCAL, it had never been welded ,I fitted lots of trick parts ,big motor,csp discs, rack pinion steering etc and couldn't even sell it for £8500 over hear .Ended up selling to a French guy who met me off the Dover ferry .How times n prices have changed. I don't plan on selling this latest gem so I try not to look to much at the costs and certainly don't keep any receipts in eye shot of the god wife ;-) .

Latest posts