So what is your occupation?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlust

Reaction score
As i start a new job on Monday i was just wondering what everyone did for a job?

Until now i have been a marine biologist working on short term contracts. Know as in the last 18 months i got married and have a 6 month old son i thought i had best get a job with a set income and that kept me at home rather than being away for months on end.

So i have changed from saving marine animals to saving humans. Start on Ambulances on Monday.

I am an Operations Manager for a very large Orthodontic Supplies Company. Strange but true! 8)

I get to electricity :wink: as a job....................great in the summer a bit on the shitty side come the wind and snow...........

Another IT bod I'm afraid ... marine biologist/Ambulance sounds far more worth while to me ... but with a 9-month old and a 3-year old its the same story of bringing in the dosh .... my choice would have been music (see http://www.ground0.co.uk) for previous existance as Rock Star !!! (I was the guitarist...)

I fit teles,stereos, alarms, trackers, sat nav and phone kits in cars and other junk aswell and tint them!

good job as i get to drive them aswell, was driving a nice RS6 last week hmmm

I'm a dimensional surveyor. Basically I design train stations for the London Underground (waits for the onslaught from all the Londoners on here. :lol: )

Yet another IT'er (officia; tit;e is 'Business Support Manager' :?: ) :wink:

Merchant Seaman..................Been doing this in one way or another since i left school in 85.
Done all the long trips to exotic places over the years and used to think it was the best job ever, but have been working around the UK and near continent for the last 7 years as its more suited to family life so nows its just a means to an ends.
Must admit im fed up with it at the moment but it pays the bills (just) and im used to the time off now so working 9-5 sort of scares me.

Worked for a bank for 20 years, then gave it up to manage two pubs in Bristol. Now I am a very very very mature student studying history at the University of Wolverhampton. A change is as good as a rest they say!

Used to play with aeroplanes (BAe), now i play with pipes...i'm a Plumber. Work should be like play, then it's alway good when you get paid.

im a mechanical engineer/fabricator, not a bad job really, it brings a new challenge everyday.

good luck with the new job tomorrow :wink:

Latest posts