Soft alloy rivets – as used in Creative Westy repo roofracks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can help me with this query.

I’m looking for one soft aluminium rivet, as used on the Creative Engineering westy repro roofracks. Afraid I don’t know the exact size, though diameter is about 1/8 inch and length just over 1 inch.

I have searched the web and hardware shops and just cant seem to find any of these, or anything resembling them.
I can’t quite recall if there was a head at one end, I assume so. It fixed in place by hammering over one end (or possibly both)

It’s used on the rail holding luggage in place, to attach the horizontal bars to the supports which attach to the rack itself. Stupidly I didn’t push the bar all the way into the support. So when I riveted it together, the rivet didn’t actually go through the horizontal bar, meaning one corner of the rail is loose.

It’s not been a problem really since I fitted it 5 years ago, but the rack is currently off for a light fettling, so may as well make this good if I can find a rivet.

Can anyone help me source this mystery rivet?

Yeah that's my next plan, just wondered if I was missing something obvious in the shops...

Latest posts