Solex Carb (repo/new)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever i do to the volume or bypass screw there is no change. I have had it apart and checked/cleaned it but no change.

My question is does anyone sell refurbished Carbs? I want a Solex Pict34

I don't want to have mine refurbished as it's a repo

By the way van runs ok all the time it's using the main jet but really having a hard time getting the idle set up

Before you start spending money, check out your valve gaps, DWELL angle (not just a feeler blade in points) and timing. Check there are no air leaks. Then have another go at tuning it with a CO meter.

If that hasn't sorted it, Steven Shaw (http://www.gasure.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) rebuilds them, as well as a couple of others that I can't remember the names of ;-)

check the points gap mine would not tick over spend small fortine on car kits mate asked if the points where set i said of course there new :roll: forgot to grease the littlefoot plastic on the points and wore the foot down so set the points mint now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts