Someone help me please!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali_passion

Reaction score
Could someone please help ive got bugjam on friday and need my engine running right, it was running ok before i did the following things, oil change, fan belt, spark plug gaps, im assuming its the plugs. When i took them out i set the gaps with a feeler guage to 0.6. Before i had done so the gaps were quite large, have i got the gaps wrong? Im confused? Any help greatly appreciated! ;) thank you

The gap should be 0.6mm you are using metric feeler gauges? I would check you are getting a good spark on each plug as well maybe one of the HT leads is faulty, maybe the connection to the coil is the HT lead pushed into the coil?
Maybe all know it is not connected maybe fuel issue?

Change the plugs back and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also i have long reach plugs in there for some reason, i thought they were for a different year dont know if that should make a difference

Ah - are the long reach plugs fouling the tinware and shorting out? Or have they forced the leads against the tinware somehow and frayed or cut them?

Latest posts