Spare Parts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave105

Reaction score
Hi all not sure if this is the right place for this post, but here goes anyway.
Being new to all this VW type stuff, and having recently got my first van (72 with Type4 2L) I've been buying a few spares from most of the VW parts people. What has suprised me is the very low quality and poor fit of some of these parts. Whenever I ring up to complain all i get is 'Just send it back'. Well, to me thats a cop out on their part because they will just go on selling sub-standard parts that dont fit to the next poor guy. So my suggestion is this: Would it be possible to have a 'Parts Forum' where people can comment on the quility, fit and generaly 'goodness' of the parts they have bought. In this way the good guys get more business we know which parts to buy that fit, and it forces the supplier of the poorer parts to buck their ideas up. I would be happy to kick it off with a diatribe about the quality and fit of my recently purchased Just Kamper heater tubes!!!

Comments guys?

The subject has been broached before and is quite a good idea in principle.....however rather than bad mouthing suppliers etc would it not be a more pleasant idea to list components and recommended suppliers for that item...that way you get a good reference guide item by item and quality experiences from quality suppliers....

For Sure. I did not mean it as a negative exercise. We should not bad mouth suppliers (after all where else would we get our spare parts) but I genuienly beleive that some dont seem too concerened that they are selling sub-standard components. A list of Good Parts would be advantageous to all I would think, as would a Parts to Avoid section.
It should as you say all be done with a positive atitude.

i agree with araon, it can be dangerous territory. As youve said its better probably to ask for a recommendation on where is the 'best' place to buy parts from, someone can always point you to the right place from their own experiences.

Latest posts