Splify 67 built uk panel resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the last time Spliffy moved, been sat on mums drive since then. Tried to start him and the battery worked, no joy though as the fuel might have gone bad. Not had chance to try again as when I have time its been wet or I have been crock. I did have a hand pump to syphon the fuel but buggered if I can find it and battery not taking a charge?

That was the last time Spliffy moved, been sat on mums drive since then. Tried to start him and the battery worked, no joy though as the fuel might have gone bad. Not had chance to try again as when I have time its been wet or I have been crock. I did have a hand pump to syphon the fuel but buggered if I can find it and battery not taking a charge?
Maybe you’ve left that battery flat a once or twice too many times. They really don’t like being totally discharged especially for a long while, as you already know. I’d try a capful of fresh down the carb just as a little encouragement to get him flowing and firing up, once he’s fired he’ll run even on shit fuel but even petrol is loads of money nowadays.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Got a battery anything else for an hour ? :)

I put jump leads from my car and it turned over okay with a bit more wizz, have to get a good day on it.

Sounds familiar.

Bus wouldn’t start with my pricey-ass gel battery.

With jump leads it started and ran fine. Charged fine. Ran it for about 45 minutes. Should have been plenty. Then, it would crank, but not start. Rinse, repeat. Frustration.

Finally put a load test on it. 10 volts.
Replaced it with a new, normal, lead-acid battery. Problem solved.

Yes its been sat 2 years disconnected and not charged but the engine turned over fine!!

Latest posts