And Friday night I got sent the pic's I've been waiting for. Over 4 and a half years of being off the road I finally get to see the old girl in top coat. I went for Savannah Beige up to the gutter in the end, I went to see the bus in the flesh yesterday and it looks lovely, I am so chuffed.
The doors are still to be painted but its not far away from reassembly now.
I'm over the moon. Went to see the bus again yesterday and out of the really bright lights of the paint booth the colour looks much nicer. A few more pics just because I can
The pictures don't do the finish justice, its not polished either yet, just as it came out of the gun the man tells me. He really has done an awesome job.
I should be getting the shell back this week with door etc to follow. Better get my arse in gear to put it all back together now, gulp!
I painted the engine bay insulation holders/covers, although I'm not even sure I need them now as I'll use a more modern insulator. Maybe I'll still fit them for that look of originality.
Started the rebuild process now. Not much to see but cleaned up the wiring, put some spiral wrap over it for protection and routed it correctly. Put all the handbrake assembly back on and started to build up the steering column on the bench.
I'm taking next week off work to really get stuck in. She should be going off for headlining within the next couple of weeks so need to get the interior light fitted and some soundproofing.
Got the fuel tank in and all hooked up. The brown stains are cavity wax as I'm hoping to not to have to take the firewall off again so squirted some above the wheel tubs etc before putting the tank back in. What a pig getting the filler hose back on was, not helped by it being freezing flippin cold today!
Firewall back on and the tin lid, all looks nice and tidy, very pleased.
More updates, messed up the booking for the headlining so its not been away to have that done yet so have been getting on with the hundreds of other jobs to be done.
Some sound insulation to replace the factory stuff, not going crazy on this, just replacing what was already there.
Got the dash back from the painters:
Headlights in and the cold air flaps:
Dashboard back in along with the vents and ducting:
Door glass and quarter lights back in, what an effing pig they are. I remember doing them a few years ago, the parts quality is rubbish. I'm not happy with either side but will have to revisit them when its not so flipping cold. I'd also really like an opening set but they are a luxury and my money needs to go elsewhere at the moment.
Kept blowing fuses when trying to fit the instruments, turns out the connectors for the fuel gauge are quite fragile, took them out and glued them back in, all fitted back today and working fine now.
Lastly, Got the engine lid built up and back on, tried to fit the rubber seal but there was no way the lid would close, the seal seems too fat. Maybe I need to wait until it warms up so its got more give in it.