Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get the roof finished :D

010-7.jpg

013-2.jpg

011-3.jpg

016-3.jpg

I hated doing this so glad its over 8)

Next step is to do the side window rubbers before I can fix the rear cupboard, I cant finish the wiring untill the cupboards are fixed. And I cant do the gas yet either. All this is waiting on my new RnR covers to arrive..............watch this space :msn4:

Did make some alloy shiney

014-4.jpg

015-5.jpg

Then spent an hour trying to get some putty-like glue off the rubber trim that goes round the hole in the roof. still not got it off its gonna take hours :evil:

Just

looking good Just 8) I really like the idea of the Berlin interior in a E.B. I hired a late79 westy which had your interior a few years back it worked really well with three of us & the dogs the hire company didn't know about the dogs but we sneaked them in. :lol:
Keep the work up fella. ;)

Roof looks very good - bet your well chiffed with how its turned out 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks guys :) It was a job a professional could have done in a morning im sure, but happy with it in the end. The electrics & gas is a breeze compared to getting wood to follow curved lines :?

Does it look anything like your Shaun? 8)

Just

I'll definitely be asking your advice when I get round to sorting out my elecs and gas then Just!

r73 said:
I'll definitely be asking your advice when I get round to sorting out my elecs and gas then Just!

No worried Rob, was only thinking today about Polzeath...........roll on next year & ill have an extra window to look out of :lol:

Just

It will nice with an extra window looks like a great upgrade. Meant to ask how will the seatbelts work? Will you get 2 3 pointers in the back now?

r73 said:
It will nice with an extra window looks like a great upgrade. Meant to ask how will the seatbelts work? Will you get 2 3 pointers in the back now?

Afraid not the fridge is now in the way, will have 1 3point and two lappys, but as there is no wardrobe it means more shoulder room.......

Just

Delux window rubbers turned up today from C&C, ordered yesterday pm came this morning!

Need to get these in the rear side windows before fitting anymore interior, should be fun now the temp has dropped a few degrees........a job best done in the warm me thinks!!!!

Just

I Had a spare hour so out came the stanley knife and out came the windows

006-4.jpg

008-5.jpg

Bit of surface rust but nothing major thankfully

007-4.jpg

009-7.jpg

Painted some Krust on

010-8.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

Then painted on some zinc primer

014-5.jpg

It then started raining :roll:

Any tips on putting the 3/4 opening window back in? A mate said its a bitch!!!!

Just

Gave the 1/4 window a quick coat of matt black

016-4.jpg

015-6.jpg

Mrs went up the shops so tuned the kitchen into a spray booth :lol:

017-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Next job windows back in and fit the Delux window trim 8)

Just

Just wrestled the quarter window rubber on :evil: then snapped the window :shock: Was a rust hole but thought ide get away with it, but guess what, I didnt :roll:

020-1.jpg

Need to source a new frame, any ideas anyone? The worst bit is knowing I have to do it all again :cry:

Just

Was looking good up until the 'snapped' bit :(

Hope you find one at the right price soon.

Ah crap man ! it was going so well ! , loking forward to seeing the deluxe screen seals in , !! ;)

Keep up the good work mate

Latest posts